HT with Dr. Brandon Ross - Very disappointed

CDTophers

I had a 2500 graft transplant with him in 2009. His counselor convinced me that Propecia alone would make my thinning hair much thicker. With a transplant it would be barely noticeable. While I didn't expect it to be barely noticeable, I did expect it to be noticeably different than what I had before the surgery, especially after 2500 grafts. I got concerned at 6 months with very little growth, but brushed it off as too soon. But then 1 year, I was more concerned and saw Dr. Ross. He told me to give it another 6 months. Well 3 years later and barely noticeable results. I actually get more comments from friends about my hair loss now than I did before the surgery. The density is uneven too. I do not know what happened. If the technicians that day did not put some of the transplants deep enough, or what. I wish I never had a transplant and just shaved my head. But now I am out thousands of dollars but worse is the scar.

Sorry to read that mate. Have you tried tried contacting the doctor lately. I suggest you do that and see if he can give you some refund? I know refund doesnt help as much as your lost donor hair, but atleast you can then get it fixed elsewhere depending on your donor density or BHT.

His website says he is recommended on this forum and also a coalition member, but I could not find him on the list of doctors.

Maybe the moderators of this forum need to investigate that.

• 1 month later...

sorry to hear. thats chiity!

at $3 a graft thats quite a bargin here in the states but I too am curious as to why ur results are not impressive if he is a recommended doctor. and I cant seem to find him on the recommended doctor list either. maybe he was removed? or maybe he just put it there thinking no one would actually check. I kinda doubt that tho.

how much body hair do you have other then ur face? and how much donor hair do u have left? can u post some before and after pics?

u should go see another HT doctor and get a 2nd or even 3rd opinion to rule out some medical condition contributing to ur poor growth.

or were mistakes made along the way and garfts killed before re-implantation. you may never know. lotta possible reasons but if you have before and after pics (which I would surely hope ur HT doctor took before pics) without any noticible improvement then ask for ur money back.

thats my fear with an FUT is poor results and an ear to ear scar. its quite rare but nonetheless it doesnt give me that warm and fuzzy feeling either.

these days the internet can damage doctors reputations. he may just agree if give you ur money back. im sure you signed some sort of medical waiver as an elective procedure tho. but a HT is one of those procedures that either worked or didnt work.

uneven density is a little hard to judge without pics.

I would be willing to bet ur a pretty rare case. but im not familiar with this doctor so anythings possible.

did you adhere to the post surgery instructions? if so, what were they?

Hi Guys,

I sent everyone in this thread a private message. Please feel free to reply to that message with any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 1 year later...

I also had surgery with Dr. ROSS in 2010. The results were good, wished I had more density but we only did 2100 grafts. I've been calling his office to order propecia but no one answers his office number anymore. I also noticed he is no longer on the recommended list. Did he just go out of business?

I also had surgery with Dr. ROSS in 2010. The results were good, wished I had more density but we only did 2100 grafts. I've been calling his office to order propecia but no one answers his office number anymore. I also noticed he is no longer on the recommended list. Did he just go out of business?

Apparently he sold the practice. It appears his license is suspended.