Growth rate in a HT in the crown area

The results do usually take a little longer in the crown region versus other areas of the scalp. This might be because of the way the blood supply circulates to this area. However, I have heard several theories over the years on this subject but do not think any of them have ever been proven.

The results do usually take a little longer in the crown region versus other areas of the scalp. This might be because of the way the blood supply circulates to this area. However, I have heard several theories over the years on this subject but do not think any of them have ever been proven.

Dr Charles, thanks.

I have always wondered why this was the case. Interesting to read that nothing has been proven on that yet.

Its interesting though that most of meds to fight hair loss work best in the crown area. again, i havent read anything which proves why that is the case. it would be great if someone can shed some light on this. its likely that is one of the many things that just works in a particular way but we dont know why and how.

• 1 month later...

It's hard to put your finger on it really, but all I can say it's much slower. I'm at 8.5 months and even though I have coverage in the crown there's no real density. I'll wait till around 18 months till it's fully grown out then re-address it. I had a lot of work done from in filling the hairline, through the bridge and the crown. So I'm guessing I may have to have one last procedure to concentrate on the crown. That's the problem when anyone who goes down the HT route your in to get the desired result, whether that means one procedure or three, four etc.

It's hard to put your finger on it really, but all I can say it's much slower. I'm at 8.5 months and even though I have coverage in the crown there's no real density. I'll wait till around 18 months till it's fully grown out then re-address it. I had a lot of work done from in filling the hairline, through the bridge and the crown. So I'm guessing I may have to have one last procedure to concentrate on the crown. That's the problem when anyone who goes down the HT route your in to get the desired result, whether that means one procedure or three, four etc.

I really wish you see ur crown hair grown much earlier than 18 months.

When did you see sprouting in the crown? Did you use minoxidil over transplanted crown area after your HT?

I say 18 months because that's generally how long it takes for a ht to fully mature. I'm half way there so I won't judge it until then. My wife noticed very fine sprouting at around 12 weeks, that is when I started on the minoxidil again but with the shock loss in the surrounding ht area plus the shock loss in the transplanted region and the added shedding due to the use of minoxidil. I decided to stop using it so I'm just on the finastride now which I'm much happier with.

• 2 months later...