Post Opp Redness. A played down subject?

Although no expert on the subject I feel reasonable qualified to suggest the post opp redness is something very much played down and overlooked in the HT industry? Consider my case 3 months in still with significant redness and yet research would suggest having dark hair and fairly dark skin I should meet the criteria for redness to be minimal only after a short period? A few days even on a good number of websites!

I have no issues with the way the recipitant area is healing, its clean, moderate pimples and even a little growth which is to be expected after 3 months however for the for first 6 weeks a combination of concealer and nanogen was required each morning and only over the last few weeks I have been able to loose the concealer and just about rely on the hair fibers alone.

I am fortunate that my native hair is quite thick and after a full 3 weeks of hiding (which wasn't really enough) I have been just about been able to pull it off, but if you have little existing hair to camouflage and secrecy is important I really just cant see how you expect to get away with it?

Look forward to comments on this important but somewhat overlooked necessary side effect to the healing process

I agree.

Everything I read was stating around 2 weeks. I was warned that I'd be longer due to my colouring, but even Dr. Feller said it'd be around 6 weeks. I'm almost 3 and a half months in and it's still red. Faded a lot of course, but still red.

I don't mind though, it's not a problem for me....infact it's a nice reminder of where the new hair will be as the new hairline shape is still there. However - yeah, I did not anticipate it being this long at all. And I did LOTS of research.

I have seen a few recent posts of people saying their redness lasted a few months as opposed to a few weeks, but overall yes, I agree with you.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Thanks for the reply - The word that tends to get banded about especially on the clinic websites is “subsided” I suppose I took the word mean almost gone, but you can't help sometimes be ignorant over some of the short term effects, especially when there portrayed as minor details.

Comments on reflecting on the outline as a reminder is a good one, for me Ive just tried to pretty much put it all out of my mind until i see significant growth.

In general people with more pigmented skin to return to normal color faster than fair skinned patients. However, some patients just seem to stay red longer than even the doctor expected. I usually give the potential patient the worst case scenario which is after complete healing it looks like you were out in the sun and forgot to put sun block in certain areas. This can last up to an additional month or two.

No kidding.... I am 2+ months and still red... red enough I have to still use concealer (I am a fair skinned person who burns easily in the sun).

I am kind of glad I didn't know it could take this long as I probably would have been too scared to have the procedure done :-)

I hope it goes away and my scalp is not permanently discolored.

listen, some cosmetic surgeons think marketing this as an outpatient lunchtime procedure will get them a client. truth is with most procedures it is best to be off your feet for a week and out of direct sun and under a hat for 6 months