2nd H/T 2nd thoughts????

Abby,

I was really nervous about it too. The thought of being shaved and healing; sleeping sitting up, even with drugs. I just thought about how time flies by so quickly, and how six months from now I could still look as I did, or I could have a pretty good start on a new head of hair. Either way, the time will pass. You'll get through it as you did before: one day at a time. Use the forum for support, and lighten up. I am now 1 month post op, and HT #one is growing back quickly. In about another month, I should be able to start covering with Toppik and ditch the hat, then in a few more months, hopefully less and less Toppik. I feel optimistic now, but I just needed to push forward.

Let us know how it goes!

P.S. I just looked at your weblog. Where are they gonna wedge in any more hair??

Best,

Ringo

As many here have said before, "Grow your hair out" - personally, I don't understand your current decision till you grow it out, but what do I know.

Best of luck.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Originally posted by Ringo:

Abby,

I was really nervous about it too. The thought of being shaved and healing; sleeping sitting up, even with drugs. I just thought about how time flies by so quickly, and how six months from now I could still look as I did, or I could have a pretty good start on a new head of hair. Either way, the time will pass. You'll get through it as you did before: one day at a time. Use the forum for support, and lighten up. I am now 1 month post op, and HT #one is growing back quickly. In about another month, I should be able to start covering with Toppik and ditch the hat, then in a few more months, hopefully less and less Toppik. I feel optimistic now, but I just needed to push forward.

Let us know how it goes!

P.S. I just looked at your weblog. Where are they gonna wedge in any more hair??

Best,

Ringo

I think you have hit it on the head Ringo. These are exactly my concerns. The whole procedure again, the healing, sleeping, numbness, the first few days/ nights of discomfort. The latter gives me solace there is light at the end of the tunnel.

It makes me feel good that Bill and the community is here to help and support people through these hard and difficult times for some of us, after all having a H/T isnt excatly a walk in the park.

I hope everything goes well.

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by HairHope:

As many here have said before, "Grow your hair out" - personally, I don't understand your current decision till you grow it out, but what do I know.

Best of luck.

The reason being was that a small area failed to yeid for some reason, and with it being right on the front it looked silly, thats why. But if I go through with the next H/T ?? I will definately allow it to grow out and keep everyone updated.

I hope the next lot of grafts are placed strategically in order to gain the maximum illusional effect. This is something I will be discussing with Dr H bfore the h/t. I pretty sure he'll understand my concerns and desires.

Abby,

Admittedly, it's no fun going through the healing phases, especially the donor tenderness and itching - but you will have to determine whether or not these temporary annoyances are worth the head of hair you can achieve if you do.

You may be aware, but I just had my 4th hair transplant 6 days ago and am sitting here with 80+ staples in my head with some donor tenderness and itching.

I guess for me, the fact that I could get more density was worth the inconveniences of healing and even shaving my head entirely :-)

Bill

Great results on 1st hair transpant.From pre-op to nine months looks really good.I can't actually see why you would need second hair transplant at this stage.Big shame it was not FUE,as keeping it short suits you.

I can see you are dark skinned.Is this the reason it looks good or not.

I'm quite dark skinned.I'm to scared or do not get enough time to have a hair transpant.If I could guarantee your results I'd be keen - I think!!!

i have had 3 and possibly would look to do a 4th although I realy don't need it ..

Possibly some light FUE of 1000 or so ..

It's cake at this point because you know what to expect

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by MrJobi:

i have had 3 and possibly would look to do a 4th although I realy don't need it ..

Possibly some light FUE of 1000 or so ..

It's cake at this point because you know what to expect

Your going to be shocked how different the two procedures are in terms of healing and down time. The wait time for growth is all the same, but it really is a piece of cake. If I wasn't waiting for my 1000 to come in from Feb. I'd go this month for 1000 more!

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Well the good news is that I eventually decided to go for the plunge. DR H managed a further 2500 grafts 5.5 hrs. This is my 2nd night and the pain isnt that bad as I had originally anticipated, dont get me wrong the throbbing hasnt subsided its still painful at times I still have to be carefull. I've stop taking one of the painkillers as it was making me feel nausic and switched to conventional meds , paracetomal, seems to have helped alittle. Also I used an inflatable travel pillow the 1st night to help reduce some of the pressure although I got very little slepp I must admit.

Right now im just icing the forehead to reduce some of the swelling,I have a little temprature and a teeny weeny feeling of nausea at times.

Must admit once I had removed the bandage my head resmembelled Frankenstein's big and square.

• 2 weeks later...