Postop Pimples

I am now 2 months post 3854 FUT (Dr Path Bangkok)

How long will those nasty pimples last?

Better to pop them when pustule or just kleave alone?

Thanks

They could last a little while longer. I think mine were all gone by 3 months or so but it could last longer. I popped a couple, didn't effect my results negatively but I think some may say to leave them alone. I hope this helps.

I have some small white pimples just beginning to arrive at less than 3 weeks post op. Looks as though they will be a familiar site for another couple of months yet. I understand that it is definitely better to leave them. But I also imagine that the importance of this becomes less as more time passes since the HT date. Also I imagine, on a personal point of view, it depends how many, how big the pimples become. Not ideal when out in public! Why oh why to we do this to ourselves??? Easy answer I suppose!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

mine lasted for up to 6 months, really bad around 2-4 months but i got to love them as usually they were followed by bursts of hair breaking through.

i popped only two and they bled a fair bit so i left the rest alone.

Happy growing :)

I didn't realise these were common.

I've had a few red pimples/spots/zits that have appeared in the graft area, I always pop them. The blood isn't much and it is strangely satisfying!

Is it a problem doing this? Should I leave them?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Most if not all of the pimples are ingrown hairs appearing at the scalp line. Ideally, you want to leave them alone as tempting as they can be to pop them.

If you cannot resist and must pop them, it is advisable to use a warm clean washcloth which you can hold against the pimple for a minute to soften the tissue. They pop much easier that way.

It is also very advisable to "not use" our fingernails to pop them, rather better to utilize the fingertip behind the clean washcloth. This will prevent the dirt and bacteira under the edge of our nails from getting into the bloodstream and prevent starting an infection.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Contact Dr. Path to discuss treatment. We like to note and chart our patients who have folliculitis.