Sick of hair loss products.. I think its time for the plunge.. Advice

Hey guys,

Honestly I am so sick of spending money on hair loss products that I know are never going to regrow my hair like a hair transplant would. I have been researching almost daily for months on end now and I realized that the only possible way to regain those lost hairs is via a hair transplant (unless some miracle cure comes out within 6-12months). I am taking generic finasteride and also 5% rogain foam.

I know this has been asked so many times, but based on price v results who are the top 3-5 ranked surgeons in the FUE field and also Strip surgery field. When I initially considered a hair transplant, I was adamant about FUE, but I then saw some of the results from surgeons such as Dr Feller and Dr Rahul there was hardly a scar visible, unless somebody grabbed your head and examined it looking for a scar lol.

I thought to myself, since I never have my hair short around the sides and back, then strip may not be so bad after all from a financial view and also from aesthetic view.

Can you guys please advise me because honestly I am sick of researching and thinking about stupid hair loss. I want to lock in and secure a hair transplant for next year. I live in Australia so travel is obviously a must. My budget would be $15,000 (includes air fares, surgery, minimum 1-week stay in the country, also in terms of grafts from 1500-2000)

Any help would be great. Thank you in advance peeps.

Where abouts are you located?

You don't need to spend $15k !! or have strip surgery.

Why not travel to Turkey, get 2,500 FUE for ?4,500 (or $6,000) and spend the other $9,000 dollars on new clothes, a car, holidays or other procedures??

You've seen my results and others who have had similar procedures out there by other Turkish surgeons, so make sure you consider it.

2800 FUE, Istanbul

I know it can be annoying to take the propecia and rogaine but do not stop them as you can experience much more hair loss without them in the future. Prevention is extremely important especially if you are going to have surgery because you may continue to lose more behind what you have transplanted. Do some research and speak to doctors that you are comfortable with. You can check out the doctor's work here on the forum.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Where abouts are you located?

You don't need to spend $15k !! or have strip surgery.

Why not travel to Turkey, get 2,500 FUE for ?4,500 (or $6,000) and spend the other $9,000 dollars on new clothes, a car, holidays or other procedures??

You've seen my results and others who have had similar procedures out there by other Turkish surgeons, so make sure you consider it.

I'm from Sydney, Australia. Yeah well that would be great if i don't need to spend 15k or do strip! that is the ideal plan.

So who in turkey is reputable and also how consistent are their results? I find the biggest problem with the hair loss industry is the fact that more "western" doctors all have websites and are able to document their results. However, doctors from the middle east or europe aren't as tech savy so they dont usually have websites or publish most results.

I just want to re establish my hair line. That is the most important part of the whole procedure to me. I dont want to have some weird looking hairline.

I know it can be annoying to take the propecia and rogaine but do not stop them as you can experience much more hair loss without them in the future. Prevention is extremely important especially if you are going to have surgery because you may continue to lose more behind what you have transplanted. Do some research and speak to doctors that you are comfortable with. You can check out the doctor's work here on the forum.

Thanks for the reply.

I am more then happy to continue the propecia and nizoral regime, however I really am over applying the rogaine. I am sure that propecia would stabilize future losses and the nizoral can keep my scalp nice n clean.

I just truly believe that within 10years there will be a cure or at least a much better approach to hair loss. So if a hair transplant can keep me satisfied for that period, then I might have to go down that path.

As long as you're using one of them you're going to be in pretty good shape. Having a transplant can be a good idea, so consult with a few doctors and see if you are a good candidate. If the plan sounds good that go for it.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians