Shockloss Timeline

Guys, what are your experiences regarding shockloss. At what stage weeks/months did you first notice that you were experiencing shockloss and how did this then progress? At what stage did you notice that the hairs were returning?

All feedback would be great!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Shockloss can occur as fast as a few days after surgery to a few weeks after surgery. Usually the shockloss is much better or gone around 3-4 months.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Very interesting! What a crazy phenomenon. What is an estimate of the percentage of patients that experience shockloss?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I experienced shockloss with my second surgery. Both in the transplanted area and in the donor area.

1.) Transplanted area.....some (not all) of the hairs from my 1st transplant fell out about 2 weeks after my 2nd surgery,as did some natural hairs.

2.) Donor area.... I did loose native hair around this donor area and especially where the suture was tied at the end.

I tend to swell really bad, even with the prednisone. I do not know if that contributed to the shockloss.

Naturally, it is upsetting to see hair loss. Especially the hairs from my 1st surgery. Every hair I saw, I was counting the cost in the sink!

I did know this could happen so I was thankful that I was educated.

At 3-4 months, ALL of the hairs in the transplanted area and the donor grew back. THANK GOODNESS.

The entire HT process is a waiting game. I have learned patience. :P