MSM Recommended dosage?

Raphael84

Hey guys,

Used to use MSM some years back but havent for a while. I am a few days post HT and intend to get on it again. Many patients rave about it, I know Spex is a big supporter for example. But I cant remember the recommended daily dosage. Can anybody educate me at this point?

Thanks

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

The recommended dosage varies on the label on the variety of bottles you can choose from. Most manufacturers of supplements like MSM do not anticipate HT patients using the product to facilitate hair growth. It's mostly for improving nail, joint, and bone health, etc.

So the amounts or daily dosages can potentially vary quite a bit depending on what you are using the supplements for. IMHO, I would just follow what is considered a safe daily consumption as noted on the labeling. I do discourage people from taking exhorbant or large amounts in excess of the product labeling.

The best advice is to ask your doctor's opinion of these supplements before you take them.

Best wishes to you on your regrowth! :cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

No recommended daily dose has been set for MSM. I personally take 2100 mg per day. 600 coming from one of the components in a multivitamin and then a 1500 mg tablet. I believe 2-3k mg daily is appropriate for a hairloss sufferer from my reasearch.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Like many supplements, the excess that the body does not ingest passes through the urinary track from my understanding. Just like loading up on Vitamin C. What the body does not use gets passed.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY