Did Lebron get a HT

mixedguy

Mixed,

"Plugs" is a term used to describe the large outdated micro/multi grafts used during hair restoration procedures in the 1970s and 1980s (mainly).

However, today, it is still sometimes used (by those unfamiliar with hair restoration) to describe hair transplant surgery in general.

As far as Lebron is concerned, I'm not certain!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Here's the link...check it out and post your feedback.

** link removed by moderator ... please feel free to Google "LeBron James Hair Transplant." **

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

I wonder who did LeBron's?....although the pic is limited it looks pretty good.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

There are some new nike ads out where Lebrons hairline looks fixed. Some sources are saying he got hair plugs. Is this the same thing as a HT? I think his new hairline looks good. Glad he did something about it.

Hello Mixedguy,

I can't be certain...but many onscreen performer I know with that hair texture and styling get away with Toppik and products similar for the camera. Remember much of screen is an illusion. It could be a transplant or just good makeup artistry...check him out in a current half time interview and see what you think then. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Hi Mixed,

Sorry to be the bad guy, but I had to remove the outside link. It's against our Terms of Service, so I asked members to simply Google the subject and keep the discussion going.

Interesting topic though! It is a bit tough to tell. I think, like Michael pointed out, it may be a concealer, but it is difficult to know for sure.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I had to remove the outside link. It's against our Terms of Service, so I asked members to simply Google the subject and keep the discussion going.

I don't like the ban of links of this nature, but I really like the "google the subject" tactic which allows the conversation to at least continue in some manner.

Note: Posters should keep that in mind when placing a title on a new thread that will get a link removed. Make sure the title will allow posters coming in late to have something they can Google.

I don't like the ban of links of this nature, but I really like the "google the subject" tactic which allows the conversation to at least continue in some manner.

Note: Posters should keep that in mind when placing a title on a new thread that will get a link removed. Make sure the title will allow posters coming in late to have something they can Google.

Shampoo,

Frankly, I don't like removing links that affect a good discussion, but our Terms of Service strictly prohibit outside links of this nature, so I need to make sure the boards are running properly. Altogether, rules like this help keep our network free of hidden promotion and irritating spam. While this is obviously not the case here, I can't pick and choose where the rules are enforced, you know?

Again, I apologize if I altered the discussion. I hope it continues!

Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any additional question about our terms of service.

Shampoo,

Frankly, I don't like removing links that affect a good discussion, but our Terms of Service strictly prohibit outside links of this nature

Oh I completely understand your position and respect it. Just think it slightly weakens a site that has that policy. I can understand banning links selling something, but for example banning links that provide patients with some news about hair transplants and/or medical research about hairloss just seems rather odd, but I realize all the BS about copyright law, ect....

ps: I can go read the Terms of Service, but since we are discussing it, can a patient post an entire article and just leave the link off? Is that ok? Because if it is....that would allow the exchange of valuable information and encourage discussion.

Yeah, posting links becomes a gray area because in this instance, for example, the link wasn't to a product or hair transplant surgeon, but it's funny to see how internet advertising still comes into play. For example, nearly all sites associated with images of celebrities have sponsors who post advertisements on the sides of the blogging/image portion of the site.

On successful sites, many of these ads are based upon browsing tracking, meaning that the ad displayed when you visit the page is catered toward your internet history. If you spend a lot of time researching and discussing hair loss and hair restoration, these ads will be catered toward hair restoration products and services (for example, every time I click on a link or go to a site, all the banner and side ads are for big hair transplant chains) that we have not reviewed and found effective. This means that a link from our site is still leading to a product or service that we've neither reviewed or endorse as safe/effective.

I've discussed copying and pasting things with Bill in the past, and in most instances, it's always been fine and left unaltered.

Hope this helps!

Gotcha Future Doc....you guys have a fine line to walk...I can appreciate that. Thanks.