Shaving head for years, where to begin?

Hello,

I've been shaving my head for several years and am completely bald (ring around head in usual places ). I'm considering some sort of hair replacement. What, if anything, are my options? I'm not willing to spend several grand to end up with a still balding look. Last research I did years back indicated that transplants etc can only supply so much hair and if you've lost all of it there wont be enough donor hair to fill in all the empty space. I am willing and even prefer to have very short hair. As in short enough that it's almost military length. Do I have any options? Thanks!

Totally bald from MBP. Shaved head so no hair is visible. When hair around sides and bottom grows out, it's lacking density. Unless there's been new technology invented in the last 4-5 years, I won't have enough donor hair to come very close to filling in all the blank spots.

Without pics it's hard to say for sure, but based on your description it sounds like you are not a good candidate for a HT at this time. Until the day comes when hair cloning will offer a virtually unlimited donor supply, you have three options:

- Stick with shaving your head

- Consider a hair system

- Consider permanent or temporary SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation)

Dear Skyway - My Situation is exactly same as yours - been shaving or having a buzz cut for years - But am thinking now , what i would look like with hair - if i have sufficient donor Hair available , i would reconstruct my hairline & some top coverage if possible by FUE - so that gives you the option of keeping the hair very short - I would also suggest you to consult with some surgeons in your area recommended by this forum & see what your option are - All the best.

This. >>> ;)

Without pics it's hard to say for sure, but based on your description it sounds like you are not a good candidate for a HT at this time. Until the day comes when hair cloning will offer a virtually unlimited donor supply, you have three options:

- Stick with shaving your head

- Consider a hair system

- Consider permanent or temporary SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation)

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group