Help Plz,Cheapest transplant by pre-screened dr.?

Hi all, I have been considering for years a HT but I was one of the lucky ones that started losing hair as a teenager :( and at age 26 I believe its more doable now.

I've done my fair share of research and I'm willing to go the strip route( FUT) and be conservative with expectations. My problem is that my credit is shot to the point where financing is hardly an option. Assuming 5-10k CASH is obtainable, out of all the recommended docs on here can anyone please tell me some docs that generally are the least expensive, I'm a norwood V -ish, Dr Lindsay after viewing my pics almost a year ago said he would go in big with 3000 grafts, and so assuming I get a HT by way of FUT (strickly to save $) What Docs on the east coast should I consider, the one Ive stumbled upon so far that seems affordable and is listed on here is Dr. G. Charles ( FL ) any suggestions?

I thank anyone who cares to help in advance

welcome to the forums, im on the east coast as well, dont let distance be a factor in what doc you go to. if that means you have to wait a year or two to get the money ,then so be it, get on meds and try to slow down ur hairloss. time flies and before you know it , you will have the funds to proceed

Normally, I would give a cliched lecture about the dangers of "price shopping" hair transplant surgery, but since you are only considering recommended, trusted physicians, I suppose it is okay in this case.

Frankly, I feel like most physicians on our site request similar fees for Follicular Unit Transplantation. Dr. Lindsey, as you previously mentioned, is absolutely stellar; truly a leader in the field! I highly recommend consulting with him.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

thank you both, so would you all say its fair to assume that the price differential between recommended docs on here is small enough to not let that be a deciding factor? because i won't quote dr lindsay's price but i was hoping to hear around 25% less and I know the more commercialized places that don't have recommended docs on here could save more that %% but I know better from spending a good bit of time on here, but that % could really be the difference in getting a HT or not. are any bosley docs recommended on here??

No, we currently do not recommend any physicians who work for Bosley.

Again, I feel fine stating that price shopping within our recommended physicians is "ok" (and this is for lack of a better term, because you really should base your decision on a variety of other factors), but I don't feel the same way about price shopping for hair transplantation in general.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

If you have 5-10k available (GBP i presume?) and only need 3,000 grafts, i would recommend having the work done in Turkey.

You are well within budget and don't need to save costs by going for the cheaper FUT option. I had 2,800 FUE in Istanbul with great results for just under 5k GBP, including travel and accommodation!

If you want any help with this, just let me know and i'll gladly assist.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Pakid21

You can always try Dr Path of Thailand or other good Asian docs, Dr Path is highly recommended on this forum and you will save big $$$ over the north american docs..