How long does it take to get passport

mixedguy

For those of you that have traveled from the US to another country, how long did it take you to get your passport. I just went in to the passport place this past Friday and don't travel until November. They say it takes 4-6 months. Is this true or do they just say that to be safe?

You have options to expedite the process. I'm surprised they told you it takes 4 to 6 months. The latest update on the official website says 4 to 6 weeks. Go to this link to learn what you can do and to check the status of your application if you already submitted...

Processing Times

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

For those of you that have traveled from the US to another country, how long did it take you to get your passport. I just went in to the passport place this past Friday and don't travel until November. They say it takes 4-6 months. Is this true or do they just say that to be safe?

US Passport application processing through the Post office can take a few months and up to several weeks even for an expedited US passport.

There are passport expediting services that can get your passport for you in as quick as 24 hours. It all depends on how big of a hurry you are in and how much you are willing to spend.

Since we are not allowed to post outside links I can tell you that one passport expediting service where I live charges the following,

Same Day Passport = $229 plus gvt fees

2-3 Business Days = $199 plus gvt fees

4-8 Business Days = $149 plus gvt fees

7-9 Business Days = $99 plus gvt fees

10-12 Business Days = $69 plus gvt fees

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• 3 weeks later...
Fyi, I didn't expidite, just did the normal processing. They said it would take 4-6 weeks, but I got it back in 2 weeks. They try to get you expidite it just to get extra money out of you.

Probably doesn't hurt that you also applied during one of the least heavy travel seasons....between summer peak travel and holiday peak travel. You apply around Thanksgiving or Christmas I doubt you'd see anything close to 2 weeks. Glad it worked out for you.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.