How to Get Proscar - Rahal No longer Shipping to U.S.

Cant decide

As some of you may know, Dr. Rahal's clinic has stopped shipping proscar refills to the United States. Is there an alternate way of getting proscar short of having to ask a primary care doctor (Online perhaps, etc) in the next 3 weeks?

Thanks

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

You need a prescription to get the medication. You can make an appointment with your dermatologist and go straight to your pharmacy, or use that prescription to order it online.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Are you referring to Propecia or are you cutting Proscar four ways?

Either medication requires a doctor's prescription in the US, so I get my Proscar refills from my primary physician and then I cut it into 4 pieces.

Avoid purchasing it online because you never know who manufactured them and many of these online sources get their supplies from overseas where there is no FDA oversight.

Did Dr. Rahal's office explain what their reason was for stopping the shipments?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks. Yes, it is because they have had issues with shipping to the U.S. It either takes a very long time or gets returned so I can understand why they have stopped sending to U.S. patients.

After I posted this thread, I did communicate again with Dr. Rahal's office and they agreed to send me proscar one last time as long as I promised to get a new source for the medication from now on :)

They really helped me out so I appreciate it.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

You can get an online prescription for Propecia and purchase it through an extremely reputable outfit called KwikMed. It is a state licensed, US based online pharmacy that prescribes and sells Propecia, various FDA-approved Erectile Dysfunction meds, Chantix, and Ella (an emergency contraceptive).

You fill out a free online medical questionnaire, which is reviewed by one of the company's affiliated physicians, and the medication is then sent to you via Fed Ex or Priority Mail. They don't sell Proscar, just Propecia, so it will cost significantly more per dose if you have been splitting Proscar pills. However, they often email out notices of special discounts for refills.

I've ordered from KwikMed for years and have had universally positive experiences with them. Highly recommended.

You can get an online prescription for Propecia and purchase it through an extremely reputable outfit called KwikMed. It is a state licensed, US based online pharmacy that prescribes and sells Propecia, various FDA-approved Erectile Dysfunction meds, Chantix, and Ella (an emergency contraceptive).

You fill out a free online medical questionnaire, which is reviewed by one of the company's affiliated physicians, and the medication is then sent to you via Fed Ex or Priority Mail. They don't sell Proscar, just Propecia, so it will cost significantly more per dose if you have been splitting Proscar pills. However, they often email out notices of special discounts for refills.

I've ordered from KwikMed for years and have had universally positive experiences with them. Highly recommended.

You pay these prices? Why not just get a prescription for proscar? You can get an entire year's worth for like $50.

1 mg30 TabletsNo Consult Fee!$156.00

1 mg90 TabletsNo Consult Fee!$387.00

1 mg180 TabletsNo Consult Fee!$634.00

1 mg270 TabletsNo Consult Fee!$892.00

Gobble - Where do you get a one year supply of Merck's Proscar for $50? Do you mean generic finasteride? I will only take the branded product. Thats not to say generics are not technically equivilent but I prefer to stick with the innovator's product for my own reasons and based on past expieriences with other generics products.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Gobble - Where do you get a one year supply of Merck's Proscar for $50? Do you mean generic finasteride? I will only take the branded product. Thats not to say generics are not technically equivilent but I prefer to stick with the innovator's product for my own reasons and based on past expieriences with other generics products.

$50 (plus or minus) for finesteride. I've never priced proscar.

Hate to be "that guy," but I always recommend hair loss sufferers consult with a physician, receive a legitimate prescription, and pick it up at a pharmacy :cool:

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

$50 (plus or minus) for finesteride. I've never priced proscar.

My primary physician writes my scripts for Proscar which costs me a copay of $15.00 US for thirty pills which I cut into 4 pieces. The thirty pills then last me four months after I cut them. Very affordable and my health insurance picks up the balance of the cost.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY