Anyone had an improvement on their hairline?

Hi guys, I've just become a patient with the Belgravia centre and I'm awaiting my first lot of treament. I will be taking Propecia & Minoxidil. However after looking deeper into the treents I've noticed alot of users say that while their crown has regrowth or has stopped balding, their hairlines have not? I do not suffer from a balding crown but my hairline is slowly receeding as well as thinning on the sides.

Is there any happy ending to this?

Generally finasteride is less effective in the frontal regions and works better in the crown and middle scalp region for maintaining and potential regrowth.

Some people have stated they have had regrowth in the front but this is quite rare if you read and research enough.

Finasteride is the better of the two FDA approved medications but in conjunction with minoxidil, this the best form currently available of non-surgical treatment available to use to fight male pattern baldness.

These can help slow down the process of balding and in some cases halt it completely.

Baldness is progressive in general so surgery is the best way to recover lost hair in the front.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

This is one of the best outcomes for propecia that I have found in the frontal region from True and Dorin which I have posted before but this is not common and quite rare, so surgery is more than likely necessary to regain your lost hair.

True & Dorin: Transplant or Propecia? - True and Dorin Medical Group - Doctors section, Click on a Doctors name to view their results - Hairloss Experiences Hairloss Forum

Depends on what procedure you decide to have and how many grafts are recommended for your individual case.

Read the major forums and educate yourself first for a signiciant period of time before you make any decisions regarding potential surgery.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thank you. Does anyone know on average how much surgery is? & is it avaliable in installments?

I've had some decent regrowth in the hairline but the area was so shot it's never going to recover to what it was. However, some rare cases have been seen where minoxidil has been particulalry effective in the hairline.

I will message you a link to another forum showing an amazing reaction (I don't think I'm allowed to post external links to rival forums).

Just as a ball park figure, most HTs are around the GBP10,000 mark, but it depends on the amount of coverage and density you want. Going overseas you could expect to pay about GBP3000-8000 depending on whether it is a small or large session.

Financing is up to the individual to sort out, e.g. cash, credit card or bank loan!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks guys you've both been very helpful! I'm fortunally still at a stage where a lot of people are arguing that I do not have any hair loss. It seems I'm still the only one who has noticed. Hopefully I can see a good improvment as it's been caught early?

Thanks again.

I'm a Belgravia patient too. Their products really helped me restore much of my hair, though my hairline was far worse gone than yours so after 2 years and 4 months I've had surgery on my hairline.

With the medication though you should be fine, since you're at such an early stage of loss.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Have a look at the products page on this website, Belgravia overcharge SO much. They charge London prices, you can get everything much much cheaper.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Thanks Tommy, I'm a bit concerned with their service though. They've prescribed me the propecia and minoxodil, but it seems to work more on the crown. Do you think there's a possibilty it may work on my hairline? How was the surgery for you?

You have some thick ass hair, Newchapter! Even your hairline looks fine to me. Some people mistake a maturing hairline for hair loss. Are you sure this isn't what you are seeing?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Your hair looks good to me Newchapter and I wouldn't have surgery.

Hairline has likely to have changed from a juvenile to an adult.

The medication should make you see SOME improvement on the front I think, a bit thicker and maybe bring it forward a little...it did that for me and I've seen pictures on here where it does help the front. It wont bring those temples right down to where they were when you were 16 though, but I'm sure there will improve.

You definitely don't and wont need surgery though so don't worry about that! Take the medication and stop worrying - you have caught it very early and found the right information at a good early stage. I wish I'd found this site years ago.