Finasteride Dosage &Hairloss

azazelgs

So, I have been using finasteride for nearly 3 years now and first two years I used propecia but due to financial issues , I switched to proscar. Since I'm too lazy to cut the pill , I have been taking it 5mg per day (no side effects at all) . However, my hairloss accelerated for the last 2-3 months.

The question is, does my immune system get used to proscar and not working? Should i switch to duasteride? Lower the dosage?

Any help is appreciated.

Makes no sense at all, unless you are ordering your meds from a shady online pharmacy.

Finasteride is Finasteride. The maximum benefit is reached at 1 mg. Any more is just wasting medication.

Finasteride really never stops working, it's just that your hair loss eventually catches up to it and you may see a shed here and there. Have you read Spex's article on seasonal shedding? That may be what you are experiencing.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 1 month later...

I have been on Propecia for over 7 years. I never experienced any side offects. Just today I cut a 5 mg finasteride pill into fourths and took 1.25mg. Will there be any drop off if I stay on the generic finasteride as opposed to staying on the propecia ?

Thanks

Here is a good compromise...Use name brand proscar. One box is a 4 month supply and it costs about 50 dollars, you would be still taking 1.25 mg per day (cutting tabs in quarters), and you would still have the assurance of using the named brand.

Generics are fine but I personally have had issues with other generic drugs and I prefer to stick to the name brand if it is affordable.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452