Not working out (exercising)

It's been 3.5 weeks since my HT, and I can firmly say that the whole not exercising thing is killing me. I'm not 100% sure why, because there have certainly been times that I chose not to exercise for that duration, but I suppose I had other outlets.

How did you others cope with it? No exercising and no dating is driving me insane. I met a pretty cool girl at a party last night while wearing a hat, but didn't ask for her number. I just feel like it's messed up to expect anyone to start dating a dude during this ugly ass phase of the HT process--like it's disrespectful to the girl (unless you have some extreme, amazing connection). Today I feel like I'm going insane, I just want to scream or go kayaking or do SOMETHING extreme because of the cooped up feeling I've got. For the first few weeks I was coping by just eating absolute junk food constantly (cookie dough, ice cream treats), but that's worn old and lost all appeal to me now. I also started drinking on a nightly basis, which is not normal for me.

Unfortunately, for other reasons, I'll have to go at least TWO MORE WEEKS before getting any physical exercise. The thought of which is absolutely daunting.

How long before you can usually get back in the gym and exercising then after HT? I'm 9 days post op...

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I've heard different things, but my doc said 1 month without any exercise, 3 before lifting weights.

Hey man, I know how frustrating it's to not be able to do physical activity. I was lifting very light weights about 6 weeks out, but I was jogging about 3 weeks after ht and back to playing basketball about 2 months after. I know this has been a topic of controversy on this forum, some have said wait months to work out others have said a couple of weeks. I am curious as to why your doc has said 3 months? In the meantime, don't get down, you have a head of hair to look forward to. All the best!

• 2 weeks later...

I got some papers from my doc. saying to wait 3 months before lifting weights, but when I asked him he said to wait a month and just take it easy. So I subsequently waited 2 months.

Here's what i did and it has worked out fine....

Week 1 - nothing, eat, sleep, walk around the block for fresh air.

week 2- 3 - no exercise that can be considered harder than walking, but do more walking.

Week 3-4 - light cardio only

Week 4-6 - medium cardio and light weights, lots of reps.

Week 6 onwards...back to normal

At all times up to 6 weeks, making sure your head stays above the body (so no decline bench presses).

Dating.. i dated, women have been fascinated by it, even asking me about 'how the little fellas are growing' over phone or text. Don't be ashamed of it, they'll want you more for being confident enough to talk about it ;)

Worth noting i had FUE, not FUT, so i had no scar/staples etc to deal with.

Hope this helps

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

After FUE take 2 weeks off and similar to the above post ease your way back in to Cardio on week 3. From week 4 you should be fine to get back to your normal routine.

FUT the recovery times are longer so follow clinics instructions to avoid any scar stretching.