Deciding on hairline?

Have a consultation with Dr Bisanga on 8th Aug, one of the main concerns I have is deciding on a hairline. How do people decide which hairline to go with? I'm not sure if I should go along the outline of the receding line or bring it down?

Would it look more natural if one were to allow for normal age related receding pattern?

Thanks guys

Have a consultation with Dr Bisanga on 8th Aug, one of the main concerns I have is deciding on a hairline. How do people decide which hairline to go with? I'm not sure if I should go along the outline of the receding line or bring it down?

Would it look more natural if one were to allow for normal age related receding pattern?

Thanks guys

I think it just depends on what the surgeon feels they are able to accomplish. Your donor sources would be the major obstacle as well as the graft count in the end. You have more options if you have adequate resources. However, in a lot of cases, surgeons would shoot for behind the outline of a receding hairline and just add density to re-establish some of that area. You also have to factor in the width of the pen or marker markings as grafts might be placed behind it rather than on it or front of that marking. So, the marking may not be the exact points of placement. However, I was told the distance between your nose to the chin, should be the distance from the middle of your eyebrows to the top of the head for framing. Hope that helps. Good luck.

I agree that, in many cases, filling in behind the existing hairline makes sense for a lot of people. I suppose that the native hairs in front will naturally recede back into the transplanted hairline.

I have what Matt at the Shapiro Group described as a "three-finger hairline." My hairline definitely starts below the natural curve on my head, so he felt that it makes sense to start it behind -- which will hopefully preserve some donor and shrink the overall area that may need to be covered over the years.

Conversely, Dr. Sharon Keene -- who has done extensive research on hairlines and hairline placement -- pointed out that it may make perfect sense to fill in the hairline where it is today.

I guess it's best to collaborate with your surgeon to get the best results over a lifetime.

Thanks for your replies :D

I've looked up hairlines of different people online and have some I like so I,ll print these off and take them with me to give Dr an idea of what I'm thinking. I was under the impression that I'd be left alone to decide hairline, but knowing the Dr will help me decide is reasuring....

Thanks for your replies :D

I've looked up hairlines of different people online and have some I like so I,ll print these off and take them with me to give Dr an idea of what I'm thinking. I was under the impression that I'd be left alone to decide hairline, but knowing the Dr will help me decide is reasuring....