Some other post op questions

I had 2000 (or so, don't know exact number yet) grafts in hairline and middle part of my head on Friday morning, so I'm 3 days post op now. The first 2 comments are probably classic examples of post op patients over analysing too much.

1) I got caught in a bad storm whilst out and about the day after. I had my cap on and used my bag to cover my head, I got to shelter after maybe 5 minutes but my hat was soaking and everything in my bag was wet - so it was a hell of a storm. Could any water that seeped through my hat have caused damage to the grafts?

2) Is it normal for there to be areas that seem redder and a little bigger? I'm just paranoid that the water and one time I accidently touched my head when I woke up could have done some damage. I'm sure I'm just being paranoid but I thought it was worth asking. There has been no bleeding so I'm positive I didn't do any damage but I just wanted to check.

3) How many days do I need to avoid putting a tshirt over my head?

4) When can I let the full impact of shower water go onto my head?

5) When can I enjoy an alcoholic beverage and use ibuprofen (not together, of course) etc ?

6) I have run out of my vicodin painkillers and am no longer in the U.S, where can I get painkillers just to ease the donor area discomfort?

7) Can I sleep normally now?

I know I should have asked my doctor all this but on the day there was too much on my mind to even think about all this stuff!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Best thing you could do Tommy is call Dr Feller and ask him the questions you have and any others or mail Spex.

I am sure either of them will be happy to answer them as everyone feels a little bit anxious right after surgery.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I had 2000 (or so, don't know exact number yet) grafts in hairline and middle part of my head on Friday morning, so I'm 3 days post op now. The first 2 comments are probably classic examples of post op patients over analysing too much.

1) I got caught in a bad storm whilst out and about the day after. I had my cap on and used my bag to cover my head, I got to shelter after maybe 5 minutes but my hat was soaking and everything in my bag was wet - so it was a hell of a storm. Could any water that seeped through my hat have caused damage to the grafts?

2) Is it normal for there to be areas that seem redder and a little bigger? I'm just paranoid that the water and one time I accidently touched my head when I woke up could have done some damage. I'm sure I'm just being paranoid but I thought it was worth asking. There has been no bleeding so I'm positive I didn't do any damage but I just wanted to check.

3) How many days do I need to avoid putting a tshirt over my head?

4) When can I let the full impact of shower water go onto my head?

5) When can I enjoy an alcoholic beverage and use ibuprofen (not together, of course) etc ?

6) I have run out of my vicodin painkillers and am no longer in the U.S, where can I get painkillers just to ease the donor area discomfort?

7) Can I sleep normally now?

I know I should have asked my doctor all this but on the day there was too much on my mind to even think about all this stuff!

My personal opinion for my own research

1) Grafts will not be effected by getting wet(rain) the day after the op

2) Redness my vary in shade on your scalp, nothing to worry about.

3) as long as the neck is large and you are carefull 48 hours is fine

4) Personally i waited 7 days to shower normally. But twice a day from day 4-7 just being careful.

5) Its only before the op you need to stop these. Doesn't matter if you thin your blood after the op. But say 7 days to be sure. You dont want to fall over if your that drunk lol

6) Normal paracetamol should help.

7) Day 4-5 sleeping shouldn't be an issue.

This is from my own personal experience but i did only have FUE, but most of the questions relate to the both procedures.

.... I would sleep on your back for as many nights as you can handle it, just tilt your head from side to side through the night.

Don't sleep on your front until all the scabs have come off, as you might stick to the pillow and it's not good to have excessive blood flow to the front of the scalp for at least the first 10 days.

Did you not get any after care advice? no-one to keep an eye on you or tell you what to do?

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Thanks Chris I emailed Spex in the end, was trying to hold off flooding his inbox once more but I sent some pics and he said I was fine. Phew!

Thanks for the replies everyone, very helpful. Onto day 7 now, can't believe it's been a week already.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Tommy,

After three days post-op, normal activity should not cause you to lose any of the grafts. Each day that passes helps to hold the grafts in place during the healing process.

Best wishes to you.:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY