Post Surgery Cover-up: How hard is it to cover up transplant?

Hi,

I am booked in for a transplant in a few months on a wednesday for Dr Pathomvanich and plan to go into work the following Monday. I am currently a Norwood 2 and have a hair style that just about covers my receeding hairline. Just if its possible to get away with covering up the transplanted area without anyone knowing you've just done a HT. Input would be greatly appreciated.

Personally it was impossible for me to go unnoticed after my ht for at least a month. I would recommend trying to take as much time off as possible. Not trying to be a bummer but just giving you an honest assessment of my experience. Some on here have been very lucky in healing quickly after surgery, for me that was not the case. Good Luck with your procedure!

Make sure the hair is at least 1 inch long in the donor are and you should be able to cover up the sutures. If you are able to cover up the recipient where the transplants are going you should be fine if not grow out the hair to a length that covers up that area and you should be ok.

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

how many grafts do you anticipate getting?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I was wearing cap from long time when I got outside, Its perhaps a loose cap. I am wearing the same cap even after HT. People around me had no chance to notice. They have seen same cap fellow before and after.

I will take off my cap after some time when I get some confidence.

If you are only a NW2 then you really shouldn't have too much of an issue covering up your transplant. Just keep your native hair long enough to cover the recipient and stapled donor region.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group