Who chooses your HT style?

I'm due to have my first HT done by Dr Path in 3 weeks, but one thing puzzles me. Do I get to select a different hair style from the position of the implants?

If, say, my hair has a strong part and sweeps over to the side, would I be able to select a style that makes me look like Elvis?

Or do the docs match my existing style and I just have to go along with it?

The doctor will follow your natural lay of your hair. You can discuss design with him before you begin, but he will let you know what's in your best interest.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I've always had a high forehead and consider that part of my personality. Going for a low hairline in the front would certainly change my looks a lot - probably not in a good way.

Going for a low hairline in the front would certainly change my looks a lot - probably not in a good way.

If you like the combed-back-longish look and get enough grafts you, are set for great strip-HT hair, as long as you don't have any illusions about cutting it short.

Strip HTs are made for this look. You might find you comb straight back more than the side flop, but still, this IS the poster HT look.

Your hair will never be the same, even if the docs copy the angles, but the volume and spring you get from the transplanted hair - I think the fat around the strip follicles makes 'em spring more - gives you awesome volume considering how few hairs actually grow in the recipient. if you cut it all off after the transplants you will get a drastic awakening to the power of this. Looks terrible.

So grow out those Elvis locks til you reach the sweet spot - think Jotronic - and you'll have the perfect strip hair transplant style.

And of prey the meds keep your crown

I've always had a high forehead and consider that part of my personality. Going for a low hairline in the front would certainly change my looks a lot - probably not in a good way.

Hmmm alot of Doctors have reservations about going 'too low' on the hairline, even if the loss is minimal.

Hmmm alot of Doctors have reservations about going 'too low' on the hairline, even if the loss is minimal.