Forum Advice: how many more grafts in the crown?

Hi guys, I recently had work done with Dr. Feriduni... ~3200 in the "middle third"/bridge area. The experience was great.

I was wondering how many more grafts forum users would suggest for me.

I don't know whether I should get FUE or Strip again. Let me know your thoughts, they are greatly appreciated.

the link to my other thread with pix

Just want to get some advice from HT patients, not only clinics. Thanks in advance.

DSC_9003.jpg.6017085153d9e2a03074ad6c37e9493a.jpg

Hi, congrats on yr HT. i would stick with strip purely because you have already had a strip with the doc.

Depends how much density you are looking for but i would say around 2000 grafts would nice a nice cosmetic difference :)

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Possibly 1200-1500 if you could accept a bit of a bald patch in the middle and just concentrate on the sides/laterals. That way you may keep some reserve for the future if you need it.

I think you documented your case fantastically. Please keep it up!

Yeah, I agree with irishsailor. If you had one good experience with Feriduni with strip then go ahead a do it again for the crown.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Yeah, I agree with irishsailor. If you had one good experience with Feriduni with strip then go ahead a do it again for the crown.

Thanks for your advice!

How long do people recommend between hairtransplants, since this is in a new area that has virgin scalp?

would I be able to do it sooner if I do FUE into that area?

the reason I ask is that the next academic year I am switching jobs (July 1st 2013) and will be working 80+ hours a week.

I don't want to be healing or be in my first month post op then.

Thanks for your advice!

How long do people recommend between hairtransplants, since this is in a new area that has virgin scalp?

would I be able to do it sooner if I do FUE into that area?

the reason I ask is that the next academic year I am switching jobs (July 1st 2013) and will be working 80+ hours a week.

I don't want to be healing or be in my first month post op then.

oof about a year, i looked it up

The graft count can be lower than expected if the "whirl" method or similiar technique is emplyed to produce the natural circular pattern of recipient incisions whereby the hair produces extra visual coverage when it grows out. This approach is done only in the crown and requires skill in making those incisions at the correct angles.

Are you taking finasteride for the crown loss? It is most effective in the area of the crown. The crown can potentially demand as much as half of the patient's available donor if the loss continues and why finasteride can play a critical role in the crown area.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The graft count can be lower than expected if the "whirl" method or similiar technique is emplyed to produce the natural circular pattern of recipient incisions whereby the hair produces extra visual coverage when it grows out. This approach is done only in the crown and requires skill in making those incisions at the correct angles.

Are you taking finasteride for the crown loss? It is most effective in the area of the crown. The crown can potentially demand as much as half of the patient's available donor if the loss continues and why finasteride can play a critical role in the crown area.

I would love to do a low density transplant for the crown. I just don't want to waste grafts and if the crown expands/drops then it would be nice to just let it go and not have an abrupt transition from extremely dense hair to a totally bald posterior crown.

I didn't know that the whirl pattern gave the illusion of greater coverage. that is fascinating.

I do not take finasteride, I quit about 3-4 years ago. Side effects which have gone away with cessation of the drug.