Laser Hair Therapy with Dr. Shelly Friedman

Carly

This 50 year old patient came to us having had a previous hair transplant and still seeing loss. He was not using Propecia or any form of hair loss prevention after his surgery. Patient continued to see diffuse thinning in the mid vertex, vertex, and crown. Following our protocol with laser therapy the patient had excellent results and is thrilled. He currently continues the schedule and is maintaining his results.

c.jpg.e47741d17625bf3e9084eab29ee6a57c.jpg

D.jpg.8a1d1886b4d1908fdd1f6338e6c80a62.jpg

E.jpg.bfa8bb450f82c9b3136511023c79211b.jpg

F.jpg.c0c30c1d40338199ccd2d75ea58b1c56.jpg

G.jpg.db82648e011246d111bdda0cceee6fe5.jpg

H.jpg.b760cd702addea90126365e1f8a5802d.jpg

Patient Consultant for Dr. Shelly Friedman

Dr. Shelly Friedman is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

This patient sure doesn't look that old!

If he is concerned enough about his hair to use laser therapy I am very surprised he doesn't take advantage of the great benefits of Finasteride and Minoxidil.

These are some of the best results I've seen from laser therapy! How often does a patient get this kind of regrowth?

Edited by RCWest

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thank you for your comments!

The patient was concerned over sexual side affects using medications. Rogaine or any of the topicals are merely vaso dilators which do not reach the root hence why you don't get very good results. We have a 93%-95% success rate in stopping hair loss using laser therapy. This patient is in his 50's. We are successful because we are conservative in who we put on our program. You need to have miniaturized hairs to see a difference.

A lot of people don't do their laser consistently or do long enough sessions- this is crucial for great results!

I was a huge cynic when it came to laser, after 5 years of doing it I'm amazed. We will be posting our patients pictures every other week to show results.

Carly

Patient Consultant for Dr. Shelly Friedman

Dr. Shelly Friedman is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Hi Carly,

It would be great if you could show some photos. However, be aware that unless you are taking photos in the exact same lighting conditions with the exact background with the hair styled in the same manner, then skepticism will remain. I note on your website several issues in this regard when you show patient before and after photos. Moreover, hair counts measured by the right equipment would be the staple of proof.

Laser therapy can be extremely expensive when offered through clinics on a regular basis. So that burden of proof should be more than met when presenting it as treatment.

Thanks

Carly,

Thank you for sharing these images. I've always been interested in Dr. Friedman's work with low level laser therapy and I look forward to viewing more patient results. Additionally, if Dr. Friedman ever wanted to share his thoughts and opinions on the efficacy of LLLT, appropriate candidates, expectations, etc, I think we would all love to hear it!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.