Hello from Greece : My condition

Hello to all members of the community,

I'm 29 years old, and I have started over the last year to have thinning and falling hair, which up to today look like the pictures.

I don't believe in treatments etc for restoration, as I believe they will only slow down the phenomenon, not restore it, I want to proceed with an absolute solution ie "the surgical one"

I want to restore my frontal hair and looks.

So I have questions, many questions, most of them will be addressed to a doctor, but since the forums are the 1st line of advice before a proffessional one, I would like to ask :

Your opinions and suggestions,

On an estimate for a ftu process, how many grafs will I need.

and finally, NYC clinic suggestions,

thank you in advance for your input

5b32d3852dbe3_IMG_2351copy.JPG.bcdab59d4ffd081658ca9c5de4604f65.JPG

5b32d3853c6ec_IMG_2352copy.JPG.161e5c089ec516a05a7774de6c303089.JPG

5b32d3854febd_IMG_2353copy.JPG.55a5aebf6ce67b221269ccc2e443dc03.JPG

Look into feller, true and dorin, Bernstein for NYC. I believe all of those doctors will recommend some form of medical therapy because the extent of your baldness could get worse. You probably will need 2500-3000 grafts is my best guess but if your not on some form of medical therapy you might find yourself needing a 2 nd procedure in the not so distant future. Good luck!

Right now, you'd only need (roughly) the frontal third of your hair restored with surgery, therefore the rest of your hair will not be helped by the surgery. Don't you think it would be worthwhile using treatments to try and prevent this hair from being lost?

You'd probably need around 3500 grafts.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi Tkaos.

There are a number of good surgeons in the New York area recommended on here.

For me personally I travelled from the Uk to get my hair repaired by one of the top surgeons recommended in New York in Dr Feller and I am very satisfied with the result so I would definitely have a consultation with him as he has presented a consistent high level of work on the forums for a number of years.

If you decide he is a surgeon you would like, then I would contact Spex as I am sure he would be more than happy to answer any of your questions- he helped me considerably.

Looking at the pictures you have posted, it looks like you would need around 2500 grafts in the front. From memory a patient 'Hairsterical' was in a similar hair loss situation

to you and his result was phenomenal.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

My hairline condition was similar to yours, Dr. Rahal quoted me 2500 grafts, I think you need around this number and not more than 3000 grafts for this area. Keep your grafts for future balding area. Good luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I have similar kind of requirements to you and have consulted with several leading clinics on here. After much research I'm getting 2500 session via strip with Dr Feller in New York in August and can't wait.

Send your pictures and information to a few clinics and get some opinions. There are a few good clinics in New York but Dr Feller is the best in my opinion.

Your loss is quite similar to mine. I've been recommened anything between 2500-3500 grafts.

If I were in NYC I'd also consider getting a flight to see Dr Konior in Chicago.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

If you are traveling to NYC for a HT in my opinion you have to be looking at Dr. Feller. He is a field leader and consistently posts superb results. I had my HT in January and after 2 years research decided to go to Feller. My scar is amazingly thing and my results are already storming along even though I haven't hit the 6 month mark. I would say you are definitely doing the right thing going to North America and to me Feller is the top choice.

Another point though, you really really need to also look into treatment now. The Hair Transplant will adress the areas that are bald now but you will continue lose further hair as you get older. It is imperative to work on stabilizing your hair loss as soon as possible.

I started thinning at about 27, started finestride at about 29 and to my knowledge have not lost any hair whatsoever since starting the drug. I was fully stabilized and at the age of 32 (January) I had my Hair Transplant. I also got virtually no shock loss after my procedure and I think this was due to stabilizing my hair loss with finestride.

ANyway man. It was mentioned above but I'd message a guy on this forum called Spex. He is a consultant for Feller but even aside from that he gave me absolutely loads of advice on the procedure and stabilizing hair loss.