Is it ever a good idea to do HT on your crown?

Ok mahhong that's cool...thanks.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Yes. When expectations are realistic, and the patient understands that donor resources are finite despite future hair loss.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

noobineub....going by the pictures you provided that mimic your crown loss I would think you would be quite pleased with 1500 -1800 grafts into your balding crown. And since you anticipate further crown loss a 1500-1600 graft session now should hopefully leave enough donor hair to possibly have another crown procedure in 10 years when you are in your fifties. Thinking ahead you do have to consider that even-though you've already had a frontal procedure....ten years from now without meds it is likely the frontal area may need more grafts to thicken things up again. So save enough donor grafts for frontal and crown "touch-ups" in your fifties.

Thanks for your input Shampoo, helps me in my decision going forward. You're definitely right, gotta plan ahead with finite resources.

Question, can anyone tell me how much total donor hair can one expect from the back of the head throughout one's lifetime? Assuming of course you will retain a full back head of hair.

Also has anybody also had experience with the incisions made in the recipient area with a hypodermic needle instead of a blade?

• 4 weeks later...

Its not the tool that makes ANY procedure...its the hand at the end of the tool. That said, I used needles in the 90s before Alan Feller showed me how to make my own blades that appropriately fit individual follicular sizes.

Here are a few of our crown videos with some explanation.

Dr. Lindsey

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians