My experience- part two

I have reproduced here my post placed in error in the wrong section of the forum.

As you may remember, I had a 1,788 FUT with Dr Devroye in January 2008.

I posted pics for a few months after the procedure then stopped. The reason for that is that the result sort of fell short of my goals.

I definitely felt that the hairline was still a bit too high. I am not sure it is a case of hair greed. So I went to second doctor, Doctor Bisanga in Brussels who recommended an additional 2,000 grafts for what would still be a conservative hairline for my age(39).

I went ahead in April 2009 and got 2,012 grafts which will give me a total count of 3,800 FU.

The immediate question is then of course why didn't I go back to the first doc? Well, I have to say that I was very pleased with his approach, ie being professional and showing great care and attention.

But the following factors came into play:

- He was markedly more expensive than the second.

- He did not draw a hairline before the procedure that we would have discussed and agreed.

- Dr Bisanga is well known in the HT world for his great and natural looking hairlines.

- My postop after the first procedure was very unpleasant: acute pain in the donor area and nausea(the latter because of the prescribed medication, Tramadol).

I need to say that the same pain happened during the second procedure so it is a personal physiological matter unrelated to the doc.

It is fair to say that in Europe Dr Devroye and Dr Bisanga are your best bets (Bill will probably add Drs Farjo and Feriduni who are part of the coalition).

I wanted to add this post to be totally transparent. I need to say I don't have a good quality digital camera so please do not demand to see detailed and extensive views of the work.....

If it is really necessary, I will see what I can do.

All in all, a big improvement after the first procedure, in particular in the ever so important forelock area and I am pleased with it, but more work was needed in my opinion in the temporal areas. The only criticism I would have about the first doc is that he did not make it clear that, given the extent of my loss, 1,400 grafts (what was paid for and agreed at the pre-op consultation) would not be enough to reach my goals.

Please remember that in the preop pics, hair is combed forward and hides areas of loss.

I have reproduced here my post placed in error in the wrong section of the forum.

As you may remember, I had a 1,788 FUT with Dr Devroye in January 2008.

I posted pics for a few months after the procedure then stopped. The reason for that is that the result sort of fell short of my goals.

I definitely felt that the hairline was still a bit too high. I am not sure it is a case of hair greed. So I went to second doctor, Doctor Bisanga in Brussels who recommended an additional 2,000 grafts for what would still be a conservative hairline for my age(39).

I went ahead in April 2009 and got 2,012 grafts which will give me a total count of 3,800 FU.

The immediate question is then of course why didn't I go back to the first doc? Well, I have to say that I was very pleased with his approach, ie being professional and showing great care and attention.

But the following factors came into play:

- He was markedly more expensive than the second.

- He did not draw a hairline before the procedure that we would have discussed and agreed.

- Dr Bisanga is well known in the HT world for his great and natural looking hairlines.

- My postop after the first procedure was very unpleasant: acute pain in the donor area and nausea(the latter because of the prescribed medication, Tramadol).

I need to say that the same pain happened during the second procedure so it is a personal physiological matter unrelated to the doc.

It is fair to say that in Europe Dr Devroye and Dr Bisanga are your best bets (Bill will probably add Drs Farjo and Feriduni who are part of the coalition).

I wanted to add this post to be totally transparent. I need to say I don't have a good quality digital camera so please do not demand to see detailed and extensive views of the work.....

If it is really necessary, I will see what I can do.

All in all, a big improvement after the first procedure, in particular in the ever so important forelock area and I am pleased with it, but more work was needed in my opinion in the temporal areas. The only criticism I would have about the first doc is that he did not make it clear that, given the extent of my loss, 1,400 grafts (what was paid for and agreed at the pre-op consultation) would not be enough to reach my goals.

Please remember that in the preop pics, hair is combed forward and hides areas of loss.

I think you made the correct descision second time,i find Devoyres hairlines too high and weak to be honest having seen lots of his work and they are suited to older men not younger.If the doctor doesnt listen to what the patient wants there is something wrong.Rest assured you went to a good doc in Bisanga so enjoy the ride.

HT 2006/7