8th month no growth

At 8 months you should have already seen a decent amount of growth. Also sometimes when you try to cut corners and take cheaper doctors you pay for it with the results in the end. I would go back to your doctor and work something out since the transplant looks like it will be a failure.

Hi bluebird,

it seems to me your last transplant was a dud... but you never know.. .you could be a really really really late grower..:confused:

.I was wondering if you had any post op pictures of the graft placement? That would give any on here a better understanding , or even a clue of what went wrong... the post op instruction might have something to do with it ? since you had other transplants then you would already know what to expect ... it really gets me down when peoples hair transplant don't work out , as its happend to me as well . My mistake was the doctor . . . . who was your doctor ?

I would really suggest going to a doctor reccommended on this site , get them to look at the work done on you and see what they say.

Google ad words + cheap grafts = trouble. You need a refund don't risk anymore donor with him hair transplantation is not a exact science you need the best as you can never get that donor back.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Yeah, I would never goto a doc that wasn't recommended on here (where you can get examples of their work as well as speak directly with patients) nor that I hadn't researched,spoken to previous patients,etc. Did you have consults with more than one doctor?

Have you spoken with this doctor even, to explain your dissatisfaction and/or concerns? If so, what did he/she say?

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

I would then get a second opinion, so it can be official, then go back to them and tell them that it is not realistic to have to wait a full year and that you do not want to. You should be able to see SOMEthing by now and that you are not satisfied with their service. They need to fix it, or give you a refund. You have to be assertive with them.

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

I am coming to the conclusion I will need another hair transplant, a consultation not a second opinion. LOL Even if I am one of those rare people, (I have yet to find) that is a late grower, I probably won't see much of an improvement over where I was a year ago. I do not see me all of the sudden being a fan of swimming underwater, walking under florecent lights and wind.

The area on my hairline where the grafts did not shed, my hair did. That concerns me because my hairline was primarily made up of previously grafted hairs. In 2002 I didn't have much of a hairline, it was more of a triangle and the front was a point. My transplants in 2002 and 2003 was to expand my hairline from a triangle, straight across. Even with hair going thru a resting phase, after 8 months I did expect to see some of my original hair growning by now.

I wanted to have sprouts by the end of April since I was going to a reunion. When I was scheduling my surgery I was told I should have sprouts then, and I should have. My first two surgeries I had sprouts in 4 month.

I have thought about and comapred all three hair transplants. The only difference I could remember is with the second one my forehead swelled and the thrid hair transplant my head was numb longer and I was a smoker for the first two and not this one.

consider Hasson&Wong if you want to get the most bang for your buck since they are the best at doing mega sessions

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha, I hate when these surgeons say wait 12 months then when you go back to them they will tell you wait 18 months till you get fed up and give up. Thats what sucks in this industry. No new hair will poke out after 8 months, they will just start to thicken up not come out from zero.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]