Rogaine before/after hair transplant

Hi, I have a hair transplant scheduled for Sept. I was told that taking Rogaine 6 months before helps to reduce shock loss. After taking it 2 months, I hate it. Applying to the crow is no problem but the front hair is a huge pain. I know that taking it after surgery can help facilitate growth.

In short, I don't want to be stuck on Rogain forever. It's a huge pain to deal with (especially if you apply Toppik and gel to your hair). Do you think that there is any reason to take it before or after surgery to help facilitate growth? If so, how long do I have to be on it? I don't want to stick to the regimen and then cut it off and lose more hairs.

Thanks.

As i read, rogaine works best on the crown and it's not that affective on the hairline.

I was told rogaine foam is much easier to apply than the liqued one and it drys really fast, and many HT doctors say that applying rogaine only once aday is enough and will give the same result, so you might consider to apply it at night before you sleep and then you shouldn't have an issue with toppik.

I think if you are taking then you can go without rogaine but if you are not taking propecia then it's better to use rogaine to try to maintain your native hair as long as possible.

In my case, since i will not be taking propecia because of the possible sides, im planning to start on rogaine foam once aday (at night) after i have my HT.

Really, even it affects only the crow area (I am only really getting my hairline worked on), what is the point in using it. BTW - I have been on Propecia for several years now.

They say propecia and rogaine best work together. Rogain helps also yo maintain your nativve hair in a diffrent way than propecia, and if it works for you it makes your native hair thicker and grow some hair.