Biotin brands in india

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, just to let you know, for the biotin to be effective you need a high dose, I'm currently taking 5000mg capsules once a day.

The best quality and brand that I've found is American and it's called Now Biotin and it's available from Amazon.com. Not sure if anyone in India sells this brand but it's worth tracking down the best.

Good luck.

Best wishes - Alejandro

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Hi, just to let you know, for the biotin to be effective you need a high dose, I'm currently taking 5000mg capsules once a day.

The best quality and brand that I've found is American and it's called Now Biotin and it's available from Amazon.com. Not sure if anyone in India sells this brand but it's worth tracking down the best.

Good luck.

Best wishes - Alejandro

• 5 months later...

bition 5 mg is optimum dose for haiir-growth. But I prefer little lower dosages, because, I will use it daily for long term.

I found in India we have

Essvit (5 mg) with biotin 5mg - product from Ranbaxy

BTN DT (2.5 mg) with biotin 2.5 mg - product from Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd.

I prefer 2nd one for daily use

I was using Country Life Maxi Hair. I just switched to Hair Essentials. Im taking 3 a day....Any body know something I don't?

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Hi guys, the quoted doses of 2.5mg and 5mg are virtually useless. You need to be taking at least 5000mg/day for the biotin to be effective. I've been taking the Now Biotin, with veggie caps, for the last nine months and find them to be very effective.

I've just returned from 4.5 months of living and working in India and I can tell you that Now brand biotin is not available there, as far as I know, but it is available through Amazon (which is where I order mine from).

I can't recommend this product highly enough. It's excellent quality, with a sufficiently high dose, and for Indians who are strictly veg, they use a veggie capsule.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I started using this tablets, it has wonderful composition of biotin, zinc, folic acid and other essential vitamins and minerals for hair.

Keraglo Eva for women

Keraglo Men for men

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

I tried taking 4 at 1 time and my body ached and I felt like shit, I did it for 5 days then stopped....I take 1 a day now, is that not enough? Or should I take 1 every 4 hours t get the higher dose....

Hi guys, the quoted doses of 2.5mg and 5mg are virtually useless. You need to be taking at least 5000mg/day for the biotin to be effective. I've been taking the Now Biotin, with veggie caps, for the last nine months and find them to be very effective.

I've just returned from 4.5 months of living and working in India and I can tell you that Now brand biotin is not available there, as far as I know, but it is available through Amazon (which is where I order mine from).

I can't recommend this product highly enough. It's excellent quality, with a sufficiently high dose, and for Indians who are strictly veg, they use a veggie capsule.

Amazon.com: NOW Foods Biotin 5000mcg, 120 Vcaps: Health & Personal Care

Hi Alejandro,

I am confused with your recommendations. "the quoted doses of 2.5mg and 5mg are virtually useless. You need to be taking at least 5000mg/day for the biotin to be effective".

I dont think you are referring to correct values. Please check whether it is 5000mcg or 5000 mg?;)

5000 mcg or 10000mcg are the best dosages of biotin recommended for hair loss. Beyond that you may get vitamin toxicity.

1 mg = 1,000mcg

Please check if you are recommending. And even in the link you have posted, its not more than 5 mg (5000mcg).

BrianR - For you I say that you can take 10mg or 5 mg tablet daily but not more than that.

Hope this helps.

Amazon.com: NOW Foods Biotin 5000mcg, 120 Vcaps: Health & Personal Care

Hi Alejandro,

I am confused with your recommendations. "the quoted doses of 2.5mg and 5mg are virtually useless. You need to be taking at least 5000mg/day for the biotin to be effective".

I dont think you are referring to correct values. Please check whether it is 5000mcg or 5000 mg?;)

5000 mcg or 10000mcg are the best dosages of biotin recommended for hair loss. Beyond that you may get vitamin toxicity.

1 mg = 1,000mcg

Please check if you are recommending. And even in the link you have posted, its not more than 5 mg (5000mcg).

BrianR - For you I say that you can take 10mg or 5 mg tablet daily but not more than that.

Hope this helps.

Yup, you're right, I've corrected my values in my recent post. It is 5000mcg which I take twice daily, so 10,000mcg in total, and as you correctly point out the ideal dosage for hair loss.

I've been getting good results with this, but I also think the quality of the biotin makes a difference.

Depending on the dose per tablet, four at one time sounds like too much so no wonder you felt like shite.

The ideal dosage is 5000mcg per tablet, twice a day (one in the morning with food, likewise in the evening).

Hi,

I started using this tablets, it has wonderful composition of biotin, zinc, folic acid and other essential vitamins and minerals for hair.

Keraglo Eva for women

Keraglo Men for men

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

What is the price on that stuff run you? Most of those "specialty" pills are significantly more expensive....when you can buy them all separately and save quite a bit on price?!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Hey Guys,

A few things:

1. mcg and mg, as someone previously pointed out, are not the same thing.

Mcg stands for micrograms, which is 10^-6 grams. Mg stands for milligram, which is 10^-3 grams. Clearly, this makes a big difference in the strength of the medication.

2. Please remember to refrain from posting outside promotional links. Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 8 months later...
Hi,

Keraglo Eva for women

Keraglo Men for men

Hi,

Need to know tht, which one is better for preventing hair thinning :

BTN DT (2.5 mg) with biotin 2.5 mg - product from Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd.

or

Keraglo Men for men