Spiky hairstyle after HT?

I've noticed that people end up with a spiky hairstyle after a HT?

I understand that the hair will grow in the direction that they are implanted, but I wondered if it is a requirement that they point straight up? is it possible to angle the implant so that it grows forwards?

I know people saw hair growing upwards gives it more volume, but I find it makes me look super bald if I do that! By growing my hair forwards diagonally, I can hide my bald bits much better.

I'm hoping to get a HT in the near future, but I'm not keen on the idea of a spiky hairdo. It just doesn't suit me. Then again, neither does being bald!

The grafts are placed in a way that you can style however you want mine goes forward, side parting and up not spikey but up and folding over its self i find that gives great coverage i can also have mine scruffy and curly. When you have healthy ht hairs your hair can grow a lot longer and stay looking thick so you'll be surprised what styles you can have the situation and result of styling now will be much different to when your ht has grown in.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

The surgeon will implant in the natural direction your hair goes. If you are bald bald, they implant in an angle for a layering effect.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for the replies.

That's good news then. I'm looking to have 2500 FUE with Dr Feriduni or Dr Bisanga. Its a very tough decision. Doesn't seem to be anything between them.

The front 3rd of my head is very thin and the temples have gone. Still quite thick on the top and back though.

Nice to know I have a big of freedom with with hairstyle.

Shiny,

Like Spanker said, a quality hair transplant surgeon (and transplant team) will replicate the natural growth angle of your existing hair during the graft placement. This should allow you to experiment with a variety of hair styles!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.