My (hair loss) story...

I don't agree with that analysis.

The gold standard of strip surgery has come on leaps and bounds since the 70s.

The most modern method of strip closure leaves patients with a scar like the edge of a pack of cards.

You only have to look at this example of a Rahal patient in the last week.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166310-new-scar-picture-re-post-dr-rahal-2.html

This enables you to cut your hair very short indeed and if it still an issue to you, you can even fue into the scar. A recent example is Dr Lindsey using fue into scar tissue.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166303-13-month-update-200-fue-browlift-scar-repair-dr-lindsey-mclean-va.html

Fue still leaves scarring if you wet shave it bald, just a different type.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Alright i managed to secure the funds - around 9000 Euro for the procedure - I have now limited my choices to 2 docs:

1: Dr. Bisanga

2: Dr. Feriduni

It feels like these are both quality docs - no doubt - this also reflects in their prizes :) Bisanga isnt on this networks recomended list - thats about the only difference.

Anyways - i received some mighty impressive material from Dr. Feriduni - and it looks like he himself has gone through my description and my pictures and from that evaluated what he feels needs to be done - 2500-3000 grafts FUE.

The correspondance to Dr. Bisange has been through his Scandinavian associate "Fredrik" - who has been evaluating my material - he came up with the same - 2500-3000.

I feel very close to making a decision and booking a date - i just want to be a million percent sure im deciding on the right clinic here - so i made up some final questions for Dr. Bisangas representative - Fredrik:

1: The doctor you are representing - Dr.Bisanga - has he seen these photos I have been sending you as well? And I'm sorry about my crappy swedish, but what is your background for evaluating my needs? I see that you are a Scandinavian advisor - what is that excatly? :) I'm asking this because it would be such a waste finally arriving in Belgium, after having spend all these money for the doctor to tell me - that it cant happen, or that the result wont be very good - just a precautionairy measure :)

2: I have done A LOT of resarch and also made a few threads asking for advice on what to do - also used this site http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com - This site carries a list of recomended doctors around the world - why hasn't Dr.Bisanga chosen to be a part of this? I seem to recolect being told that he was offered the chance but declined - waht were his reasons for this?

3: What kind of guarantess can be offered when having a Hair Transplant at your clinic - I mean, what if all the newly inserted hair doesn't grow/falls out - is it just tough luck and my own problem? Or what will you do in such a case? What if the result is less than satisfactory - is it again just my own problem?

4: Have your clinic or the clinic you are representing ever had any lawsuits from patients who weren't satisfied with what they got for their money?

I'm ofc planning on asking Dr. Feriduni the same - but did I miss anything - is there something more I need to know beforehand? Or is there simply nothing to worry about with these 2 docs?

Anyways thanks again for your input - it has been invaluable to me :)

Regarding the drug - propecia/Finasteride - I don't think its for me - after having to already restrain me and my girlfriends budget - selling the idea of me taking a drug that might kill my sex drive, didnt excatly pan out :) Also these side effects just simply seem to severe, and I'm already a bit of a hypochondriac, so...

My appointment with my local HT doc was postponed, so I'll wait with the final decision untill I hear back from him.

/Sebastian

Hey Sebastian,

I get what you're saying but if you research more you'll see that there are quite a few others who recommend Dr De Reys for FUE. His own clinic is new, like you say, but he's been around for a long time.

A guy on here called Matt who's a senior member knows about De Reys too.

De Reys is well-known because he was lead surgeon at the Pro CLinic. That's part of the reason why I chose him - I knew he had tons of experience - especially with FUE.

The other reason was that I like to keep my hair short sometimes (it's nice having the option now :) )so I didn't want a massive scar on the back of my head. I knew FUE was the only choice for me.

Like you, I also did loads of research before I chose my surgeon so I think you're doing exactly the right thing.

In the end, I actually found Dr De Reys on another forum, a German-speaking one called Alopezia.de where there are loads of photos of his work from past patients - mostly Germans.

Speaking German helps but there's always Google translate ;)

Also there's a bunch of his past patient videos on youtube which I looked at too.

He was good at answering questions when I wrote to him and I asked him about Finasteride too.

I think you're doing the right thing by informing yourself, that's exactly what I did so I know how it feels.

If you look you'll find, good luck with your research!

Cheers,

Will

Edited by William38

Alright i managed to secure the funds - around 9000 Euro for the procedure - I have now limited my choices to 2 docs:

1: Dr. Bisanga

2: Dr. Feriduni

It feels like these are both quality docs - no doubt - this also reflects in their prizes :) Bisanga isnt on this networks recomended list - thats about the only difference.

Anyways - i received some mighty impressive material from Dr. Feriduni - and it looks like he himself has gone through my description and my pictures and from that evaluated what he feels needs to be done - 2500-3000 grafts FUE.

The correspondance to Dr. Bisange has been through his Scandinavian associate "Fredrik" - who has been evaluating my material - he came up with the same - 2500-3000.

I feel very close to making a decision and booking a date - i just want to be a million percent sure im deciding on the right clinic here - so i made up some final questions for Dr. Bisangas representative - Fredrik:

I'm ofc planning on asking Dr. Feriduni the same - but did I miss anything - is there something more I need to know beforehand? Or is there simply nothing to worry about with these 2 docs?

Anyways thanks again for your input - it has been invaluable to me :)

Regarding the drug - propecia/Finasteride - I don't think its for me - after having to already restrain me and my girlfriends budget - selling the idea of me taking a drug that might kill my sex drive, didnt excatly pan out :) Also these side effects just simply seem to severe, and I'm already a bit of a hypochondriac, so...

My appointment with my local HT doc was postponed, so I'll wait with the final decision untill I hear back from him.

/Sebastian

Hey man, any update ?

Also since you are not planning to take propecia, are you gonna use rogaine (foam or liquid) ?