6 months since 3rd procedure -- no noticeable results and perimeter of hairline has thinned since procedure

so is this normal?....its been six months and i haven't seen any obvious results and plus the corners of my hairline have actually receded a bit and become thin(especially the front portion of my hairline has become thinner)....i'm worried and growing very impatient.

btw,the doctor i went to is highly recommended by this forum which is the only thing keeping me somewhat patient

I can certainly appreciate how troubling this must be for you. Nonetheless: there's a decent chance some permutation of the following is taking place: you're simply a slow-grower, you've actually had more growth than you imagine. The latter is *really* common, IMHO, especially for people ~6 months out.

Have you had bad shockloss or anything? If you've truly had "no" growth to this point I'd be concerned, but don't panic as the next several months are really when a lot of growth booms occur. I wish you the best in the coming months, and def update with specifics for better or worse as they come.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

The hair you've lost in the hairline -- when did you lose it? It could be shockloss, the question of course is whether it's temporary or if hairs were actually transected during the process of implanting in a relatively dense area.

Also, look into getting your case and photos put onto this site; if your doctor is highly regarded it shouldn't be too difficult.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

thanks thana...

i noticed that i experience my shockloss starting about two weeks after the procedure and it kinda slowly went another couple of month after. I do have a descent amount of hair, but it sucks b/c i kinda just wanted to reinforce the hairline i was content with, but i didn't expect to lose further b/c of the procedure.

i've tried to remain strong, but its difficult. It seems that the growth takes longer and longer to kick in after each procedure

I certainly don't want to go out of my way to paint a gloomy picture for you, particularly since I know so little of the specifics/pictures; and, as I mentioned above I think there's a good chance those other variables could likely be in play. But, given what you've said about shockloss and how your procedure seems to have been undertaking a densifying within an area of rather abundant existing hair....transection/permanent shockloss is something to keep in mind.

Hopefully, your native hair grows back in tandem with your HT in the coming months. Was your native hair terminal/strong or vellus/miniaturized? If the native hair was weak and vellus I'd be more inclined to think that you either experienced continual MPB or hairs that were "on their way out" simply met a bit early of a death.

IMO, prcoedures that look to achieve high density within pre-existing areas of native hair are the most...risky....but mainly just the most difficult and taxing. It's counter-intuitive since the # of grafts is often somewhat low compared to the vaunted "mega session" and it seems like a "simple" refining should be....simple.

If you have a good camera I'd post some pics -- pre-ops and where you're at now, with how many grafts you got. Either way, I'd def do this a couple months down the road and/or get your doctor to give you pics he took (or have him post them on your behalf).

Stay strong, though I know how tough it must be. You're at a difficult stage where fear can quickly set in -- but having what we often think of as a "good" result at 6months is more the rarity than the norm. If you feel this way at 8months...even 7months...I'd be a lot more concerned.

-----------

honestly at this point i'm fine with there being little growth, just as long as the final result will be something i'm happy with. I guess i might have to give it till early to mid november to start noticing density. blah, i guess we shall see

ytoday,

In addition to the excellent advice you've already been given, I encourage you to take monthly photos (if you haven't been already) for comparision purposes. 6 months is still early and a lot can happen.

If you can post before photos and photos of your scalp now, we may be able to give you a more accurate assessment of your situation.

All the Best,

Bill