straight answer on ht removal

Yes.

1) Get them lasered and no hair will grow in that spot ever again, or

2) Get them 'punched' out and in a couple of months the scarring should be minor. I had this done, but mine was an outdated 'plug' job so I had the hairline took out, along with the crown.

But, I had a new FU procedure done at the same time. There is your straight answer.

Now, I think you should post some details and pictures. As my new hair is growing, I've found myself sometimes torn as I had grown accustomed to the way I used to look.

Sometimes the new hairs don't fall in the right direction the first year or so, but it gets better. Sometimes I think my head looks much bigger now, because I'm not completely used to seeing hair on top. I've had to start learning how to style again. Hell, I've even started using some mousse!

If you're like me, you've been used to jumping out of the shower, running a towel past your head, and hitting the road!

I suggest you post pics, and get some unbiased opinions on your hairline.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Lasering the grafts is a possible approach. Remember, though, that laser hair removal requires multiple sessions and, depending on the skin/hair contrast and other factors, the hair may never be destroyed fully. Rather, the hair may simply grow in lighter and wispier.

If you remove the grafts, you will not get re-growth. Still, it is hard to say whether or not this is the best approach as scarring is a risk. Obviously, one needs to assess this on a case by case basis.

If you do not like the look of the old HT, you might also consider camouflaging the old work with new graphs and/or reshaping the hairline, etc. Certainly, you should get opinions from some physicians.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

another ht is not an option. i actually wish id never had it done to begin with. the hairline is to low now and the transplanted hair grow in different directions and have completely changed my looks. i use to have confidence and went out all the time. now i never leave my house without having a hat on and i spend 80% of my time at home now.it has caused me to stress to the point that it makes me sick. i use to go to the gym alot now i just dont have the desire to do anything because of the depression this has caused me..without a doubt i just want my old hairline back. if i have the grafts removed what kind of scarring do you think it would cause? im desperate

Originally posted by livingalie:

another ht is not an option. i actually wish id never had it done to begin with. the hairline is to low now and the transplanted hair grow in different directions and have completely changed my looks. i use to have confidence and went out all the time. now i never leave my house without having a hat on and i spend 80% of my time at home now.it has caused me to stress to the point that it makes me sick. i use to go to the gym alot now i just dont have the desire to do anything because of the depression this has caused me..without a doubt i just want my old hairline back. if i have the grafts removed what kind of scarring do you think it would cause? im desperate

Hi icon_smile.gif

welcome to HT...you can always check in....but you can never leave icon_rolleyes.gif

I am in worst place than u,so don't get angry at me right away icon_smile.gif

Laser the hairs out.I have not done it yet my self...go see my post butchered....

Stay strong brother,don't be ashamed.My address is on my blog,if you wanna talk to me email me.

My best to you

Another option might be to go to an electrologyst. Laser hair removal is not permanant hair removal but permanant heir reduction. Just make sure you do your research and go to a good eectrologyst who has experience removing transplanted hair and will not leave any scars. You see transplanted hair is rooted a little deeper than the rest of your hair and is harder to remove. Look into "blend" electrolysis.

yes they can be removed and lasered. However, alot really depends on what the problem is what you are not happy with etc. There are solutions, and hopefully you can discuss these issues freely with your doctor. I am assuming you have waited a full year for the hair to grow out. Hair somes out patchy at first and if you are not over a full year, perhapsy you are not seeing the entire picture clearly. It is usually best to wait to see the entire result and then decide what you are not happy with. Make sure you sit down and discuss these issues clearly with your doctor so he can help you.

Originally posted by livingalie:

the hairline is to low now and the transplanted hair grow in different directions and have completely changed my looks.

i thought that the transplanted hair can be "trained" if you want it to go in a certain direction. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

have you tried using gel to hold it in a desired direction. i'm preaty sure that i read that info somewhere.

Why don't you share with us some pictures. Some doctors, perhaps dr. Mejia, can give you some solutions.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I would recommend you go back to your doctor and discuss your concerns with him or her to see what they can do and keep an open dialogue with your physician. If you are not happy with the physicians answer get a second opinion from an equally good doctor.

If I had a patient in your shoes and I agreed it was too low, I would correct the situation and help you until you were satisfied. If I did not agree and it was a perceptual difference and it looked good to me, I would send you to another surgeon of equal caliber and get a second or third opinion from a reliable source.

• 1 year later...

If you get a chance post some pictures . The size of your grafts and the condition of the skin surface in the recipient area are critical in choosing a repair route .

You cant train the hairs into a new direction, the direction that they leave the scalp is permanant, I've had a load removed from my hairline with zero visible scarring, even under a magnify glass.

I had mine removed by Dr Bisanga at BHR, and he was not expensive.