What is the best Minoxidil?

HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Very useful.

I started Rogaine last June but switched to Kirkland around November. By March I'd developed 'minoxidil burn.' I switched back to Rogaine in April but continued to suffer the burn and I'm still treating it with anti-fungal meds.

I stopped Rogaine on Monday and plan to go back on it once the burn has totally cleared up.

Do you think I'm doing the right thing? Was it probably the Kirkland formula that caused my burn?

Thanks!

Harry :)

Maybe.. I just found out that what causes the burning sensation is the alcohol amount. When I switched to Rogaine Foam it got much better as there is less alcohol also Lipogaine liquid minoxidil. Try to stop using Minoxidil with high alcohol concentration. Thats my best advice. If you are not comfortable using Lipogaine then use Rogaine Foam. Its much much better than Rogaine liquid, its just more expensive and finishes faster.

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I currently use the Rogaine foam 5% strength. Might switch up once I finish the bottles I have. I have heard the Lipogaine can cause the hair strands to look thinner due to the inclusion of asaliac(spelling) acid so I'm hesitant about that for now. HLCC has a formula which includes Saw Palmetto which could be beneficial, I think it has less alcohol in it too. I will definitely research some more and decide between the HLCC version or the Lipogaine.

Dont believe everything your read Mickey. Look at how many companies produce Minoxidil with Azelaic Acid. Its a very helpful agent in the formula, I asked top clinics and manufacturers like Dr. Lee and Belgravia centre about it and they have given me a lot of evidences that it really works that I personally experienced great results with it. If you think it would make your hair strand look thinner then use it only in the evening and in the morning use Rogaine Foam. Easy solution.

My Hair Treatments:

I've looked online for Lipogaine and in UK one bottle (1 month's supply) costs 30 pounds (47 US dollars) which is ridiculous.(it's almost equal to 5 months supply of kirkland's 5% minoxidil).

Alix, you want quality then you got to spend some money. We usually compare Lipogaine price with Rogaine's not Kirkland. I mean look at the ingredients. Kirkland is only minoxidil and alcohol but Lipogaine (Intensive Treatment) are so many, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic Acid 5% (DHT inhibitor), Saw Palmetto (DHT inhibitor too), Retinol, GLA, ALA, Biotin, Niacyn, Vitamen. Big difference really, no comparison.

My Hair Treatments:

• 3 months later...

This is defo good stuff. I like the fact that is doesn't feel as greasy or messy over my scalp as other topical minoxidils.

Not the cheapest I know but you can buy a double pack and save a little bit here - (Link removed by moderator)

Edited by TakingThePlunge