advice needed

hello, i am thinking of doing a hair transplant surgery. could you please recommend a good physician? i live in the bay area, and have talked to Dr. John Diep and Dr. Neal Gorrin. How do you think of them? Is there a better one?

Also, how do you think of FUE and the strip method? which one is better? I am Norwood 3, and probably need 1200 - 1500 grafts.

i am most concerned about the results of the surgery. does the hair look good and natural after it has fully grown? Dr. Diep and Dr. Gorrin said it is guaranteed to be good. can I trust them? does anyone have experience with them? or can you recommend a good physician? thank you very much!

While I have seen a few good examples of Dr. Diep's work, I wouldn't base a decision on it. There are no less than 10 recommended HT physicians in California and I would suggest visiting one of those.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

hello, i am thinking of doing a hair transplant surgery. could you please recommend a good physician? i live in the bay area, and have talked to Dr. John Diep and Dr. Neal Gorrin. How do you think of them? Is there a better one?

Also, how do you think of FUE and the strip method? which one is better? I am Norwood 3, and probably need 1200 - 1500 grafts.

i am most concerned about the results of the surgery. does the hair look good and natural after it has fully grown? Dr. Diep and Dr. Gorrin said it is guaranteed to be good. can I trust them? does anyone have experience with them? or can you recommend a good physician? thank you very much!

I've come across Dr Diep before and the good thing is he is being quite open about his results which is a good sign. Never heard of Dr Gorrin before.

Try the search function on this forum to find out more.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

thanks for your reply. do you know a good physician in the bay area (near SF)?

While I have seen a few good examples of Dr. Diep's work, I wouldn't base a decision on it. There are no less than 10 recommended HT physicians in California and I would suggest visiting one of those.

thanks

I've come across Dr Diep before and the good thing is he is being quite open about his results which is a good sign. Never heard of Dr Gorrin before.

Try the search function on this forum to find out more.

Hermit,

I don't know much about Dr Diep but there are a couple of his patients who regularly post on here and he has videos of his work on youtube. You should search as much as you can on him and do some consultations with him and other docs before making a decision. Haven't heard of Gorrin.

Personally I prefer fue method and it has worked me.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874