Blood Donation !

In my own non medical opinion, i'd say donating blood should be ok considering 7 months have already passed and your grafts are well anchored but obviously there are other very minor issues to everything you do. Your body will regulate the loss of blood within a few hours after donating. So, that's out of the equation. You have like 10-12 pints of blood in your system so when you donate, they only take a pint from what I can remember. RB cells do take a few weeks to replenish. I remember they also told me to not lift anything or do anything strenuous for 24 hours.

But when I am given a question it makes me ask another question on top of another question to see if there can be another issue I may be missing. So, a thing that comes to mind is definitely let them know the medications you are taking to see if it is alright. I'd definitely double check to donate blood if you are taking FINASTERIDE as the products label is known to speak of harm to baby fetus' in those who are pregnant. My only concern is what if my finasteride circulating blood is given to a lady who is pregnant if she needs it. I don't know if they screen for that as I haven't donated in a while due to medications I take.

Sean,

You are just wonderful. I totally forgot about the 'Fin' that I take and the warning message it quotes on the medication bottle. Thanks a tonne. "Not helping is better than unknowingly doing harm"

Cheers !!