Minoxidil Erectal dysfunction

King111

I just bought minodixil 5 percent and applied for an hour afterwhich I came across its sexual side effects as I had erection problems so I washed it off immidiately, however my erection problem still remains. How long do you think it will last? I've only used it once for about an hour. I'm 19 btw.

It took effect after only an hour? Very strange. I've been on Rogaine for almost a month and have noticed no side effects or changes what so ever. It's difficult to imagine a topical solution which is applied to the head to affect/inflict sexual side effects.

Minoxidil shouldn't have anything to do with sexual side effects, unless you applied so much of it that it absorbed into your blood and lowered your blood pressure.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I'm always skeptical at people that just join the forum and their first post is about some serious effect that Rogaine or Propecia has had on them. It would not surprise me if they are from a select group who have an agenda or some vendetta against the manufacturers. That said however, the side effects of Propecia should not be taken lightly. Rogaine however is harmless...

King,

I don't think physical side effects from a topical scalp medication would be visible only an hour after use, especially from a drug like Minoxidil.

Regardless, if you're concerned or feel like there is a direct connection, I highly recommend scheduling an appointment with a trusted physician.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 1 month later...