Difference between Propecia and finpecia?

Rockstar

Hi guys,

Can someone tell me the difference between Propecia and Finpecia.

Also if both are the same, why does Propecia has more side effects than finpecia?

Well i am completely new with these hair loss drugs. so pls bear with me if this question looks childish.. :-)

First HT with Dr. Radha Rani on 04/26/2012

Single - 514

Doubles - 2130

Triples- 230

Total Grafts = 2874

Total Hair = 5464

Propecia is THE brand name medication made by Merck. Finpecia is a generic made in India. It is of high quality and is proven to work as I've seen from many people on here.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

so you mean finpecia is a high quality product and is proven??

Single - 514

Doubles - 2130

Triples- 230

Total Grafts = 2874

Total Hair = 5464

both are same ingredients (1MG Finasteride) made by different companies with different names.

Propecia made my Merck (USA)

Finpecia made by Cipla (India)

Propecia is more famous because Merck was the first company who manucfactored 1mg Finasteride and licenced it for hairloss use.by US law other US companies cannot make 1MG Finasteride until 2013.

obviously such regulations does not apply outside US so other companies like Cipla and others can make their own version of 1MG Finasteride..

Its the same... If you just want to spend more money to swallow an american made pill. You mostly welcome. Save your money as long you are outside US and get the Finpecia but just be damn careful when you order it online. It can go really danger, find someone in India to send it to you if you were outside India. Good luck with your libido :-).

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

My family doctor (who prescribes Propecia for me) told me that the delivery method of a drug can affect how well it works. Propecia (Merck) has a specific shell which holds the finasteride. He said if I were to divide Proscar into fourths or use a generic form of Propecia (like Finpecia) to save money, I may find that they are not as effective as Merck's Propecia has been for me.

I stress the word "may" here. Everyone responds to meds and their respective delivery methods differently. My doc's advice is worth considering, however. Personally, I didn't want to take the chance even though my wallet was begging me to do so. Bottom line, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Now, if you've never taken finasteride before, then I don't see any problem starting with a generic to see how that works for you.

Its the same... If you just want to spend more money to swallow an american made pill. You mostly welcome. Save your money as long you are outside US and get the Finpecia but just be damn careful when you order it online. It can go really danger, find someone in India to send it to you if you were outside India. Good luck with your libido :-).

I had a HT just a week back and i need to start using Finpecia and Tugain in a couple of days..so i just wanted to know the difference between the two pecia's.

I am an Indian, so i am pretty confident that i can find the genuine Finpecia stuff.

will start using in a couple of a days. I wish the side effects wont bother me.. :-)

Single - 514

Doubles - 2130

Triples- 230

Total Grafts = 2874

Total Hair = 5464

I have the same problem. I consulted 2 dermatologist for my Hair loss problem.

One suggested me to go for Propecia and the other Finpecia. Not sure which doctor to follow. Also the first doctor suggested Trigaine shampoo and the second Anaphase shampoo. All of a sudden I am confused which prescription to follow?

Edited by Raj05