Kindly look at my picture and advice

Hi guys,

I have just turned 24 and my hair has been thinning since 4-5 years, however in the last 2 years it has become more noticeable. Hair does not really shed anymore but thinning obviously continues. The thinning as you see is in the crown area and my scalp is visible under brighter lights. I had earlier used a Saw Palmetto oil but did not see much benefit with it, maybe i used it irregularly to arrive at a thorough conclusion but apparently the doctor/company which promotes these products in India is a quack. This response came from a respected dermatologist in my city so i would tend to believe him.

Anyway the dermatologist has recommended me Minoxidil 5% twice daily and biotin capsules once a day. He wants too see what the results of this are before prescribing me finasteride. Biotin because sometimes vegetarians tend to lack this vitamin in their diets

Have realized that getting onto these drugs may be the best option to at least preserve my hair or prolong hair loss.

Look forward to your comments/opinions. Thanks!

DSC00311.thumb.JPG.1b316652b61615dd50ca4e5611f16e96.JPG

Hi guys,

I have just turned 24 and my hair has been thinning since 4-5 years, however in the last 2 years it has become more noticeable. Hair does not really shed anymore but thinning obviously continues. The thinning as you see is in the crown area and my scalp is visible under brighter lights. I had earlier used a Saw Palmetto oil but did not see much benefit with it, maybe i used it irregularly to arrive at a thorough conclusion but apparently the doctor/company which promotes these products in India is a quack. This response came from a respected dermatologist in my city so i would tend to believe him.

Anyway the dermatologist has recommended me Minoxidil 5% twice daily and biotin capsules once a day. He wants too see what the results of this are before prescribing me finasteride. Biotin because sometimes vegetarians tend to lack this vitamin in their diets

Have realized that getting onto these drugs may be the best option to at least preserve my hair or prolong hair loss.

Look forward to your comments/opinions. Thanks!

hard to see with this pic. You may want to add more angles. Try minox alone is a great advice. You will see whether it will work. Need to be patient and takes lots of pics in order to compare, 6 months or a year down the road.

However, IMO, i think you would get more result with Propecia.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Thanks latinlotus

My hairline is not receding and this is the part of the scalp that is visible if i comb my hair with a center parting, what other angles could i shoot?

Hoping for others comments as well

Tough to get a good handle based off the one pic, but I'd get on fin ASAP; and in the meantime, experiment with different hairstyles to create a fresh look that boosts the illusion of density (could always utilize nanogen, as well!).

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

thanks leeson & thanatopsis

will think of getting onto propecia in the next few months, also this is not the way i normally comb my hair but just to give a better idea of wat its really like..normally my hairs all messy and u can only really notice under brighter lights

on somedays i dont think much about it but otherdays it really sucks to look at urself in the mirror, sure lot of you guys have felt the same way, time to stop bitching : )

To document properly the effects of any medications you are trying, you will want to take more photos. You can start with frontal face shot, and topview to get a clear idea of your current status. You should be able to see the whole head - unlike the picture you provided where you only see partial shot of your head. Then you can add close ups to aid in your documentation. Take consistent shot/angles each time you want to see a progress with same lighting and camera.

If assessment is what you want - take the same photos as recommended above but add your left and right profile shots as well. Those seeing proper pictures will be able to help you better.

"Anyway the dermatologist has recommended me Minoxidil 5% twice daily "

How long does your dermatologist want you to try minox before prescribing Propecia?

Thanks for your response janna

I will upload more pics soon, it does make sense to track the progress by taking different angles/views

The dermatologist mentioned a year on minox before getting on propecia but then we meet in 3 months and if he thinks its getting much worse he may put me on it then (my assumption)