finasteride and/or Rogaine

Hi everyone, apologise for asking this as it's already covered on the forum unfortunatley indecisive me can't decide yes or no, I'm 46 year old norwood 6 been losing hair for 27 years, probably lost about 75% of the hair I'm going to lose, I had my first ht 3 months ago (3700 grafts) and will get another approx 2500 grafts in 9 months time, my question is should I be using Finastride? and/or should I be using Rogaine foam? or am I at my age and level of baldness where I'd be wasting my money on these, I initally thought this was the case and haven't tried any of them but the more I read the more I think maybe I have made a mistake, the cost of these is small compared to getting a Ht, any advice would be greatly appreciated....thanks.

I would ask first if you have any concern of the slight possibility of side effects from finasteride, or questioning the time/responsibility of applying the foam regularly or is it solely cost keeping you from doing either or both?

If it is only cost, I would say that I would definitely do both. They can only help. You definitely can still lose more and thin. These treatments, if nothing else could give you stronger/more donor hair possibilities.

I'm not sure about the post that said "you'll definitely have shock loss" and that those would prevent it. I didn't have any noticeable shock loss. I'm assuming that you are aware of the possibility of temporarily losing some more hair after starting either of these non-surgical solutions?

Just my two cents.

Best of luck with everything.

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

I'm not sure about the post that said "you'll definitely have shock loss" and that those would prevent it. I didn't have any noticeable shock loss. I'm assuming that you are aware of the possibility of temporarily losing some more hair after starting either of these non-surgical solutions?

my bad.

you will most probably have some shock loss, minor or major.

given that you have your hair transplant in an area that still has natural hair, and not a completely bald one.

i still blame myself for not using minoxidil and finasteride after my hair transplants, and i'm going to start on finasteride really soon, even if it is for the first time (already on minox now).

Hi everyone, apologise for asking this as it's already covered on the forum unfortunatley indecisive me can't decide yes or no, I'm 46 year old norwood 6 been losing hair for 27 years, probably lost about 75% of the hair I'm going to lose, I had my first ht 3 months ago (3700 grafts) and will get another approx 2500 grafts in 9 months time, my question is should I be using Finastride? and/or should I be using Rogaine foam? or am I at my age and level of baldness where I'd be wasting my money on these, I initally thought this was the case and haven't tried any of them but the more I read the more I think maybe I have made a mistake, the cost of these is small compared to getting a Ht, any advice would be greatly appreciated....thanks.

A period or two would be nice every once in a while, make it easier for us to read your posts!! :D

Rogaine and finasteride are very cheap in comparison to the investment you are making by getting two procedures done. If you are interested in keeping the approximately 25% of the native hair you have left then start using both Finasteride and Rogaine. You might have more native hair left than you think...