Should I take vitamins or minerals to help post op hair growth?

I don't know whether I should be taking any kind of vitamins or minerals that help with hair growth. I had my surgery with Dr. Wong and on post op instruction sheet it said the name of a vitamin that helps with growth. Sorry can't remember right now which one it was, and I don't know where that sheet is at the moment.

I kind of ignored that part up until now (6 weeks from surgery) because I believe I have a very balanced and healthy diet and lifestyle.

I eat steamed brocolli, whole grained bread, boiled corn, cereals, fruits (banana, apples, mangoes), vegetables- (spinach, cauliflower, carrots etc. made Indian style with spices). Also drink protein shake (a mix of whey protein, egg, banana, milk). Also cereals with milk. Also eat lentils, beans (cooked Indian style with spices) with Rice a lot. Also lots of water a day. The above make most of my diet. Don't eat/drink any junk - ex: coke, donuts, cake etc.

I have always been a healthy guy and exercise a lot so I don't know if I should be taking any sort of vitamins to promote hair growth fastest.. What do you guys think?

PS: please check out my profile page for photos of my HT and see how it's coming out. Thanks

Hi, I'd follow your Dr's post op instructions, I'm sure you could quickly send an e-mail and they will reply, they have a great reputation on here. I also expect one of H/W consultants on here to reply, they are quite active.

It would appear all Dr's have differing opinions about post care, it's important to follow your own Dr's instructions.

My opinions are my own.

Happy growing mate.

You're doing everything right but the vitamin that Dr. Wong mentioned should be listed in your post-op instructions. He recommends a vitamin B complex to help with hair quality and facilitate nerve regeneration.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians