Hair Lenght Limitations..

Based on my observations It seems quite a few guys who have had a HT typically leave there hair long. Not sure if thats to hide the scare area or create a better illusion? Is one limited on the type of hair style after a HT; short/long?

GarMax - Mine actually looks fuller at 1.5 " vs. longer on top. The length needed to hide the scar depends on how thin your scar turned out and your donor density. I have not tried a 3 guard but I bet I could get away with that on the sides; Maybe even a 2 guard.

By the way, I did get your PMs but have been out of the country. I will reply when I can.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I think a lot of it is personal preference. I think you have to play and see what looks the best on you. I am only at 8 months, so I can't really get a definite answer for myself. But, so far for me, the longest it can be to where it is still able to be messy/stuck-up at least in the middle seems to work best.

I tried growing it longer, right off the bat and I don't think it had matured enough to even possibly look good. I am going to try growing it out at the year mark.

After all the babbling, I think everyone's hair is different and you just have to find what works best with your head, your type of hair, what you had to work with before, and how much you had done.

Does this help in the slightest?

Best wishes.

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

Thanks guys, I appreciate your thoughts and advice. The hard part of this is acutally knowing what the final outcome of a HT could be & what styling options would work best for me. Ideally, i want to have the flexilbility to keep my hair short even after a HT. This is all usefull information in helping me making this desicion.

Good luck with your decision.

I can say that even at 8 months I can do a number 2 guard on the sides and the incision for the strip isn't even detectable. The back, probably needs a little more time. Of course my doc is known for his closures of the donor area.

Versatility was very important to me as well. I can't remember when I haven't had it short on the sides......all the way back to the late 80's when I had a mullet, and it was cool. lol :D

Best wishes.

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)