Young Men With Hairloss, Enlarged Prostate?.

Hi Chaps, Just thought i'd put this out there to see if people are experiencing the similar or the same to me.

I'll just quickly explain my situation im 26 now and have been losing my hair since about 18. I had a 2000 graft transplant by fut in december by Dr Saifi.

Up untill the transplant i had tryed minoxidil 5% a few times but gave up due to impatience. At 26 after the transplant i started minoxidil and also finastride but i was very cautious because of some of the bad press it gets. Anyway to get to the point for quite a few years now i've suffered with passing urine or the urge to and nothing comes out more than a few dribbles, time to time i've suffered with weak erections or struggled or to get one.

Since taking finastride this has all stopped and its just clicked in my head this morning while reading up on the symtoms of enlarged prostate glands. Which was everything i was experiencing before taking finastride which reduces the size of the prostate gland and blocks DHT. Dht can lead to enlarged prostate and makes hair follicles shrink. Reading up on enlarged prostate glands it is associated with older men but it can in younger men also, just though i'd see if anyone's experienced a similar situation.

Hi mate, everything you have said is bang on but you are the only young person i have ever heard of that suffers with prostate enlargement infact when i mentioned it to my doctor once he started laughing and said it's virtually impossible for anyone my age of 30 to have prostate cancer or enlargement he refuses to do any cancer checks or anything until i'm older or get symptons. I have no problems to suspect i need regular tests or checks but thought it was worth asking anyway.

If i was you i'd start getting my 5mg proscar from my doctor for prostate enlargement but just use 1mg a day it may work out cheaper.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Sounds theoretically plausible, but I'd recommend telling this story to your doctor and maybe getting it looked at because prostate enlargement at that sort of age is very rare and there are other things it could or could have been.

If the symptoms have abated that's obviously good news and may in fact point to what you feel has happened. Out of interest was there any reason you didn't get this examined at the time, prior to taking finasteride?

Thanks for the replys chaps, In all honesty i'm not one for going to the doctors and when i had the passing urine problems around 20/21 i did go to the doctors and he wanted to get a urine sample to check for diabetes which came up with nothing. I went on the next 4 to 5 years thinking it was just the way i was and it became normal and i think back to then i may have been given medication for a urinary tract infection. I would struggle passing urine, feel the urge and only a few drops came out and struggled with weak erections which didn't effect my sex life but in your early 20's its not a great thing either. Obviously at the time i didn't put any of this down to maybe prostate enlargement but reading the symptoms this morning, and then this all stopping when i started finasteride recently is quite strange. I'm not saying it defently is that but it seems weird when i read all the symptoms that to much DHT leads to enlarged prostate which creates them problems and hairloss all of what i have experienced.

Edited by rlc26

From what you're saying it sounds most definitely to be prostate enlargement.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi mate

Funny u have them symptoms as I have and have had for 20 years cystitis and at that exact time started to loose my hair, after 3 or 4 years I started having a cocktail of drugs to combat the bladder infection this seemed to stabilise my hair loss although the drugs supposedly cause hair loss?? I too have noticed propecia has given me better erections despite so many people saying the opposite?? My main symptoms are frequency and urgency to urinate and like you sometimes very little will come out!! You should get checked out for cystitis (interstitial) its very uncommon particuly in men but that's what i got!!

noticed propecia has given me better erections

wow...now that's a side-effect unlike what so many have complained about!

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.