Laser Therapy: Scam or Credible Hair Loss Treatment?

Whether or not laser therapy is effective in treating hair loss has been a hot topic of discussion on our forum and amongst leading hair restoration physicians for years.

You are encouraged to view the article Low Level Laser Therapy: Scam or Effective Hair Loss Treatment? and then share your input on this important topic.

Anyone who has undergone laser therapy hair loss treatment is also encouraged to share their experience.

I have been using a Hair Max Laser comb from one year. I did not see significant results from it from hair regrowth side. However, my hair fall reduced a lot. Earlier I used to loose in bunches when I comb, but now I don't shed much hair. There are no side effects and i just need to spend 12 min every alternate days for this. I really like this and wish to continue using this even after my HT which I am planning this May with Dr. Madhu

Definitely an interesting topic. A few of our recommended physicians do work with laser therapy and believe it can be especially effective in female hair loss sufferers. Frankly, I'd like to see more conclusive research in female patients and those suffering from hair miniaturization. It would be great to gain a more conclusive view of LLLT as a hair restoration therapy in the next few years!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

A lot of people (and doctors) are sure that lasers are a scam (and I've tended to follow that line of thinking), but I've spoken with people who swear that they've seen some improvement from using them. These people include the sort of intelligent guys who I would expect to give reliable feedback.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com