What shampoo gives the most volume?

What shampoo gives the most volume? I've really noticed a difference between different brands of voluminizing shampoos.

Also, which shampoo will medically grow the most hair? (This is obviously a different issue.)

olmert,

Unfortunately, there is no shampoo that is likely to grow hair. However, I use Nizoral two times per week based on its rumored ability to inhibit DHT slightly.

As for thickening shampoos, the one that seems to work best for me is Vive for Men. I am currently using Samy Fat Hair and I personally don't see the same effect. A few months ago I sprung for Aveda Pure Abundance volumizing shampoo and was not impressed.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I am pretty surprised there isn't more discussion on this site about voluminizing shampoos.

I found that when I switched from Dove shampoo to Bumble Bee shampoo my hair got much thicker. Also Toppik spray works miracles. So much debate about transplants, while no one is looking for the low hanging fruit.

Hands down the best two are Loreal vive daily thickening and Pantene flat to volume. They are superior to anything I have ever used (and I have tried 30 dollar shampoos) and are very inexpensive yet contain ingredients that are not harsh to your hair/scalp.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

beardywierdy,

Oops...thanks for pointing that out. I made an error there. I use it twice weekly on a Monday/Thursday schedule. I'm going to edit my original post so as not to misinform any future readers.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 6 months later...

Olmert

I've tried a fair few shampoos over the years and I currently use Kerastase Capital Force for men. Its good stuff and it helps me a lot and I've got really soft fine silky hair.

Also for texture I use Sea Salt spray on damp hair.

When dried with a hairdryer the difference is amazing!

hello olmert,i also have tried many shampoo ..the one for me with out question is jason thin to thick ..you have to give it a good month of use ..the reason i know it works for me cause when i stop using it i noticed a big difference .. i use both there shampoo and conditioner ..its about $10 ..to me worth every penny...take care

I started using Volumique System about three months ago and my hair loss stopped after 30 days and now after 90 days I am seeing some new growth. It seems to be the best at adding more volume to my hair. and the conditioner is great to. I heard the guy that came up with the Volumique devolped it beccause of his wifes hair loss.