Gonna test L. Shapiro's Whey Protein theory...kinda

I had been looking for a new protein shake that didnt have all the artificial junk and sweeteners (sucralose, etc...) that I didnt have to take out a loan for...and came across this all-natural "True Athlete" brand at The Vitamin Shoppe (I think this is one of their house brands) on sale. This contains whey protein concentrate, rather than isolate, which is Dr. Shapiro's claim to his hair shake. I'm almost 3 weeks out from my transplant, have had some shed, less that I anticipated, and not on any meds at the moment besides Saw Palmetto. I got 2 month's supply of the stuff and plan on sticking with this brand, so if ol' Shap is right, I should have noticeable growth by the time I need to restock..There are pics on my profile, and I'm not holding out much hope, as I use protein shakes as a workout supplement, not a hair supplement but still and interesting trial nonetheless...I'll be keeping my profile and posts updated..

Gettinold,

I'm unfamiliar with Larry Shapiro's "Whey Protein Theory". Protein in general is good for the body and can help expedite healing processes. But I've seen no evidence that it can speed up or jump start hair growth (including transplanted hair), stop hair loss or stimulate hair regrowth.

I encourage you to share more information with us.

Best wishes in restoring your hair,

Bill

Basically that whey protein concentrate could help the regrowth process, rather than whey isolate....makes sense, but I think his claims that noticeable results in 6 weeks are completely bogus. Honestly, I would never get cosmetic surgery or take cosmetic advice from a dude that looks like Ronald McDonald, but since I'm trying to go all-natural anyways figured I'd share results (if any) with y'all.

Basically that whey protein concentrate could help the regrowth process, rather than whey isolate....makes sense, but I think his claims that noticeable results in 6 weeks are completely bogus. Honestly, I would never get cosmetic surgery or take cosmetic advice from a dude that looks like Ronald McDonald, but since I'm trying to go all-natural anyways figured I'd share results (if any) with y'all.

I've only been researching HTs for about 9 months but I wouldn't trust Ronald McDonald's hair on Larry Shapiro, let alone mine!!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day