Feeling Depressed

I still have five months before my last procedure has matured but after three previous ones since 2007 I'm getting axnious for results. I believe many of you know my story which started here five years ago. I just held a light up to my head and my hair disappeared. My stomach sank. I'll never be able to go into full sun with the density I have because all people would see would be mostly scalp. I don't think there is any way possible that I'll have that much more hair in the next five months to be cosmetically acceptable. I tried some topik on my scalp to see what that would do and it made me look even worse. My normally shiny hair became very dull and looked lifeless as if someone had smeared shoe polish on my head. I used it sparingly and distributed it evenly. If this is what the tattooing procedure will look like that is not going to work either. I still wear a hairpiece and fear I may never be able to get rid of it. I am not one of those lucky guys who would look good bald. UGH. I needed to vent here where hopefully others would understand. :(

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

Sorry man. A lot can happen in five months. I don't recall your case and did not see any pics in your profile so can't comment further. Keep your chin up. One thing is for sure. If will flirt better then what it is. Also, I would rather have thin hair that looked natural than wear a piece. I hope the the piece did not stifle growth.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Sorry man. A lot can happen in five months. I don't recall your case and did not see any pics in your profile so can't comment further. Keep your chin up. One thing is for sure. If will flirt better then what it is. Also, I would rather have thin hair that looked natural than wear a piece. I hope the the piece did not stifle growth.

Thanks man. Had two procedures by a doctor this site recommended who has now been removed as a member. I wear a lace piece which looks very real. People can't believe it when I tell them I'm wearing one and they aren't saying that to be polite. The fact it is so breathable did not affect the growth. In fact I consulted with Dr. Bernstein in NY about this before my procedure and he said that it would have no adverse effect on the growth. I only wear it for eight hours during the day at work during weekdays.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

Thanks man. Had two procedures by a doctor this site recommended who has now been removed as a member. I wear a lace piece which looks very real. People can't believe it when I tell them I'm wearing one and they aren't saying that to be polite. The fact it is so breathable did not affect the growth. In fact I consulted with Dr. Bernstein in NY about this before my procedure and he said that it would have no adverse effect on the growth. I only wear it for eight hours during the day at work during weekdays.

can you post pics? smg is the king of ht's so im surprised to hear you aren't getting good growth. Is your head too scarred and messed up from the previous doc?

can you post pics? smg is the king of ht's so im surprised to hear you aren't getting good growth.

Sure, I'll try to post some this weekend. Dr. Shapiro is not the doctor who caused the problem. The two procedures he did seem to be giving results he just had limited donor to work with since the first doctor used 5000 grafts.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts