1 week after HT w/ Dr. Charles

Gettinold

Probably update again around the one month mark, but just wanted to touch base here after 1 week. Getting my stitches out Monday, most of the scabs came off after resuming a normal shower yesterday, not really seeing any shed yet, it almost seems like they are growing...I know they aren't though :) Looking forward to excersizing again tomorrow...that's probably been the worst part of the whole process, I feel like a wet noodle after a week :)

SAM_0330.jpg.288892dd87f80a3bda0c93a3b689186c.jpg

Thanks....so would it be overly and unrealistically optimistic to may be think that since there's no shed after a week, there might not be much of a shedding phase? Not counting on it, but does that ever happen? It could be all in my head, but I sware they feel slightly thicker than they did last week...

Thanks....so would it be overly and unrealistically optimistic to may be think that since there's no shed after a week, there might not be much of a shedding phase? Not counting on it, but does that ever happen? It could be all in my head, but I sware they feel slightly thicker than they did last week...

Well shedding varies person to person. It all occurs within a month if it has to.

I don't think the hair would feel thicker just yet because it takes a while for the hairs to grow. This is considering your just over a week out from the procedure. Some people are early growers and they sprout 3-4 months while some may see it 6+ months from now.

Some people do say that the crown in general does take longer then if the work was done in the front. But i'd say your on the right track. Just follow all post op instructs and definitely try to avoid the mirror. before you know it, you'll see hairs in that area.

I followed them to a T...and am surpirsed at how fast the graft area healed, so it's all downhill from here. Not going to obsess over it, or post any more updates until the month mark, maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones with minimal shed, but not counting on it and won't be dissapointed if (when) it happens...Have a great feeling about it and know when these next 6 months fly by, I'll be glad I did this. This site is great for support.