Poor yield

Hi guys,how are things?

Just a quick question.

Why is it that certain patients,even those who get strip done by a top doctor like H&W,feller etc still get low yield of transplanted hair.

I dont think there is any doctor whom i have not read a complaint about regarding this.

Is it that in these patients the donor zone is not immune from balding or has it got to do with not recovering from shock loss.

Any way of predicting if it would happen?

In some cases, its not poor yield or a fault of the doctor & the team, its the expectations of the patient, or their body not having the psychology of successful growth for example. Or they have hormone problems etc.

No doctor will have no complaints, but its the ones that have very few that stand out from the crowd. It's not a case of the doctor/techs having an off day for example.

I've seen advanced norwoods expecting overall coverage & density. That is not impossible but difficult to achieve, especially in one pass.

So many factors and reasons.

Go with a surgeon with a quality reputation.

Prevet,

How long ago did you have your procedure and how many grafts did you have and where were they implanted? Got any before and after pics for us to compare?

There is no way of predicitng shockloss and how patients respond differently. But you are correct in that all of the top docs get a patient every now and then who do not respond favorably in the areas of shockloss, regrowth, and especially the differences in phisiological makeup which can also affect the healing process including scar formation.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi mate,

I have not had any procedures yet luckily(or unluckily).

Just having read and seen some mw6 guys who got megasessions ,and had very poor results imo from reputable clinics.

U wont hear those stories here and this forum seems a bit more positive so i thought id get a better explanation than "all Ht surgeons are crooks"

Thanks for your answer

Prevet,

How long ago did you have your procedure and how many grafts did you have and where were they implanted? Got any before and after pics for us to compare?

There is no way of predicitng shockloss and how patients respond differently. But you are correct in that all of the top docs get a patient every now and then who do not respond favorably in the areas of shockloss, regrowth, and especially the differences in phisiological makeup which can also affect the healing process including scar formation.

You are welcome Prevet and glad that you are aware that yes there are some good hard working ethical docs out there.:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY