My Hair Transplant experience 1/3/12

Buzz2

Hi All

I had my Hair Transplant with Dr Saifi on the 1st of March, so I thought I'd share my experience. Pictures will be produced when received.

I got picked up at the airport by Dr Saifis driver who took us to the Art hotel, which was fantastic

The following morning I was picked up at 09.15 and taken to the clinic. Upon arrival and seing the outside of the clinic I thought " what the hell have I done" It got marginally better in reception.

When Dr Saifi came to greet me and take me to the surgery room , my feelings changed. He immediately made me feel calm and at ease. He is a top bloke, and very knowledgable. He showed me through some pictures and repair cases he had done (which I thought were better than some of the pics currently on his site)

He looked then looked at my hair and told me that my donor area was in a good state and that he suggested that 2000 grafts would produce sufficient dentsity and that he would do a scar revision so I would only be left with the one. I should also have sufficient donor and laxity for more surgery at alter date. (would confirm at surgery time)

Altough, I wanted hair put through just the middle . We opted to frame the face and make sure that the transplanted hair looked natural if I was to lose further hair.

Surgery

The removal of the strip was probably the worst part for me. Although I felt no pain at all, it was quite a strange experience. Once that was over he took a photo and I had a quick look at the scar, which seemed great at that early stage. Dr Saifi did this all himself.

After a short break of drinks,cookies etc he moved on to the doing the local anesthetics. They were the most painful part of the whole experience, but nothing too bad. Once this kicked in, he started making all the incisions with a tiny custom cut blade which was made of sapphire.

Whilst he was doing this. The team on 4 technicians (most of them very pretty aswell , which always helps !) were busy dissecting grafts etcs , constantly spraying them.

Once Dr Saifi finished with the incisions, the girls let me have a look through the microscopes and showed me through the process of what they were doing.

By this time I think it was lunch and I had a massice salad, gorgeous crusty bread with cheese on top. Juices, coffee etc etc.

Upon return Dr Safi was planting the hairs but he did have one of the technicians helping this with him.Dr Saifi only disappeared for about 30 mins or so the whole day.

When he did come back he told me some bad news that they only managed to get 1680 grafts. Although I had good enough density I had alost a few hundred due to the poor original scar I had. (I am waiting for him to confirm this again to me, for clarification) So I was a little dissapointed at that time. However, he did of course refund me for the difference. I remember him saying to me that he didnt want to comprimise the result so he aired on the side of caution. Some bits are a bit faint to me because of the tablets and anesthetic.

It was a long 6 hours or so but once finished the worked looked refined to me,hopefully you will agree when I post the photos. However this may be hard as I still have some hair covering a lot of the work. I left with bag of pills, instructions, hat, saline soltion etc.

Overall my experience with Dr Saifi has been a very pleasant one, he just comands respect. He phoned me on the way, texted me after and even came to the hotel the evening after the surgery to say hi to my wife and child and to see how I was.

I wont rave on too much at this stage as I have yet to see the results , but I have every confidence that it will turn out great even with the few grafts I have. Im sure I will be back there to fill in the crown.

The only negative I can say is that I don not know the actal hair count. Although I was informed that I had plenty of 2's, 3's and even a few 4's.

Hope this is of use for anyone considering surgery in Europe. The price is also very affordable to the masses.

I hope i didnt bore you all too much !!!

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

There are a lot of good reviews about Dr. Saifi on this site. He looks to be pretty good. Congratulations, and I hope it works out well for you!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

hi buzz

congrats oh ht .. i also thought the techs were very pretty ;-)

you seemed to have a great experience like me . now its the waiting game.

i found dr saifi to be excellent from start to finsh an wroclaw a lovely city to exlplore

i did wonder about the clinic initially but once i entered i was put at ease, the builiding itself is rather old and tired

Thanks for the well wishes so far.

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

Total 5134 grafts.

Hi All

The recipient ares is very scabbed now and I anticipate them falling off in the next few days. The donor area is healing nicely and the scar looks very good already. I still dont think the amount of grafts I had will provide enough density , but this was due to my poor thick original scar.

Only time will tell.

The work does look to be very good though. I will post pics when Im back in Engalnd in about 2 weeks as I have now received from Dr Saifi.

Im already thiniking of sorting the crown !!!!!!!!!!

Total 5134 grafts.

He'll use the same scar, but because this scar will only be pencil thin, it shouldnt affect the graft count. My previous scar was about or over a centremeter thick and 20 cms long, because of this I reckon i lost 500-600 grafts.

Just a bit gutted as I wanted everthing done in one procedure, but it just wasnt possible with FUT and keeping only one scar. He could of done it with an additional scar but I didnt want this. Or he could of done Fue of 2000 or so with additional into my old scar.

Total 5134 grafts.