total no. of grafts available for the average person

Hi guys

i had 3150 via FUT and probably locked in for a second session. Hoping to get 2500 via FUE...

Anyway my question is, assuming the average hair loss sufferer, that he will progress to a NW4 at age 50, how many grafts are available for extraction?

Can we assume any ball park figure?

Just curious...

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I would assume between 6-8 K on average...6 being on the low end and 8 being on the high end!! Of course there are exceptions either way...

Ive used 4850(FUT) with Dr Rahal....I had used another 1000( approx ) according to Dr Rahal from previous work...Dr Rahal says I got 3-4 K left...So for me if I should have around 9000K total...and thats only using 3k more....

Also, Dr Rahal would not tell me how many more he thought he could get out of my donor area till after my surgery...I remember asking him as he drove me to " the foxbar "...how may more grafts do I have...and thats when he told me 3-4K...so my point is...sometimes you may have to wait till a surgery to find out how many available grafts you have left!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Hi,

I had 3743 grafts from my first HT and 2795 grafts from my second. My current surgeon told me that my donor is now exhausted and there won't be anymore HT's for me. So I guest I'm about 6000 grafts.

Who is going to do your next surgery? I hope it goes well and you get the results you deserve.

Regards

Rod

I was told its 8000 grafts in general thru strip, could go higher if FUE used after strip... By the way WB280, What happened to you final result of 3150 grafts with Dr. Path??? The last time I saw a result from you was oct 2010 and it was 4.5 months. What happened that made you stop posting???

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hi,

I had 3743 grafts from my first HT and 2795 grafts from my second. My current surgeon told me that my donor is now exhausted and there won't be anymore HT's for me. So I guest I'm about 6000 grafts.

Who is going to do your next surgery? I hope it goes well and you get the results you deserve.

Regards

Rod

RodG,

That assessment may have been based on just FUHT (strip) procedures. With FUE, the numbers can indeed go higher. I understand there can be variables with donor density, scalp laxity, etc.

And very few take into consideration "future" scalp laxity because although there may be hair available to harvest, if the laxity is not adequate, that will pull the plug on any strip.

Also, you would be shocked at the range of estimates that various docs will give you. My guess? You have more available than you might think.:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi Hariri, its over the water, under the bridge, whatever it is, i have decided that a 2nd pass is necessary and i have decided to travel to either the states or Canada to do it... Its a tough choice choosing which doc...

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

wb280,

During my first ever consult I was about a nw4 and was told I might have 5 to 6k total available for fue. I have since had a little over 4k fue implanted and was recently told that I have about 2k left to use after my two procedures.

Your pics from 2010 show a good design but Im guessing the desired density never came through. As for which doc for your second pass, I would be seriously considering Canada or Belgium if I were you.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Have you been happy with the yield from FUE so far?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY